SPN 521
05-01-2020, (Subject: SPN 521 ) 
SPN 521
Good morning to one and all!
I have a 2015 International Prostar with a 2350 pushing a Eaton ultra shift automatic.
It also has the wingman collision mitigation system. I have code SPN 521 fmi 2 active on the dash.
It has the cruise no working and the trans is hard to get into neutral as you slow to a stop. Have read but can not find the existence of a brake pedal position switch, the brake lights work as they should and the trans shifts from park to drive and vis versa.
Have not found any help on line so I am turning to you folks for help. The dealer wants 250.00 for a brake light switch which I can find online for less than 40.
Thank you in advance for an help you might be able to give.
replyreply
RE: SPN 521
Cummins Fault Codes for SPN:521 FMI:2
4526 Amber Brake Pedal Position - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect

Possible causes of this fault code include:
A malfunctioning brake pedal position switch
A short circuit to ground in the OEM harness
An open circuit in the OEM harness

QuickServe (if you have it, it's free if you don't) https://quickserve.cummins.com will have more specific info on troubleshooting.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Robert1966Garcia
RE: SPN 521
could be tarnished pins form someone power=-washing the truck at the cab plugs too. -- never allow the truck wash facilities to power-wash under the hood of a truck.

just some thoughts. see this kind of issue a lot around here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , Robert1966Garcia

Theme by MyBB Addict
Contact Us | Rawze.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication