Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
02-27-2020, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
RE: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
(02-26-2020 )Sergiu Wrote:  
(01-25-2020 )Brock Wrote:  Oh just tape 1" away from the outer seal of the window and spray some flex seal on the outside of the truck, itll just look like you have a thicker window trim. 10 minute redneck fix.
Flex Seal doesn't work cause it's dripping and doesn't hold well when filling vertical lines. I used this one instead and it seems to work so far:
https://amzn.to/2HXXczV

Yeah I tried the flex seal and made a mess everywhere. Plus it was still leaking
replyreply
02-27-2020, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
I used clear silicon and put a bead along the top seam. There was a rubber/plastic piece between the glass and metal, I ran the bead just behind that rubber/plastic piece. No leak in over a year now.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24 , barf
05-04-2020, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
Nilao, I think you have the cure for my leak. I opened everything up, replaced the foam with butyl rubber and it still leaked. I believe my leak wasn't so much behind everything, but was leaking where the glass itself is supposed to seal against that rubber trim.

CAUTION to anyone doing this: I may have bent the window open too far while trying to fix it and now it leaks worse.
replyreply
05-05-2020, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
I did this fix last summer on both windows that were leaking like crazy, only took me a couple hours per side with a single bunk truck. Make sure you layed the butyl rubber thick enough that it seals properly. It even sealed at the top where I had to cut two of the bolts. Only butyl is holding it there and I havent had one drop since... knock on wood.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.