Cm870.white smoke, raw fuel smell
05-18-2020, (Subject: Cm870.white smoke, raw fuel smell ) 
RE: Cm870.white smoke, raw fuel smell
(05-15-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Do you have an Inline reader and the Insite software?

How old are the batteries?

When it is up and running, take a rubber mallet or screwdriver, use the screwdriver handle, smack the ECM a few times and see what happens. Not real hard, but hard enough to get its attention.

If you have a Davco, and it has been serviced lately, it could be a leaking o-ring too. But in that case, the truck will normally not start, but still something to inspect.

I would start at the batteries, check the connections and chase the wires, especially up to the ECM. Any corrosion, clean it up. Check your connections at the starter too, may be time to run all new cable from the batteries, grounds and power. I had to do that on my 08 ProStar, much of the cable was green. Wiring and cables only last so long.

For a fuel leak, inspect around the IFSM for fuel, you could pressurize the fuel tanks too, I forget the PSI, someone will chime in. Or it could be one of the fuel metering actuators, if one fails, they are probably all due for replacement. They are normally good for around 800,000 miles, if you are there, may be a good time to replace the rest, along with the lift pump. Again, they only last so long...

Sounds more like an electrical issue to me...
I do have Insite. They are new batteries. It would probably be a good idea to replace the wires at the batteries to the starter as well as ground cables.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.