Compressor Inlet Temp sensor
05-09-2020, (Subject: Compressor Inlet Temp sensor ) 
Compressor Inlet Temp sensor
CM871, Does anyone know the effects of a bad compressor inlet temp sensor? Would I get a code if the sensor was bad? If not, how can I tell if the sensor is bad? TIA
replyreply
RE: Compressor Inlet Temp sensor
Monitor the reading with Insite. It should be very close to ambient temp.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
(05-09-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Monitor the reading with Insite. It should be very close to ambient temp.

Would it throw a code if it was bad?
replyreply
Sensors can fail in range or out of range. When they fail out of range, you get a fault for high voltage, low voltage or data valid but above/below normal range. Failed in range means that no faults occur but the sensor reads incorrectly by a small amount.

What problem are you chasing? I highly doubt this sensor will be the issue.
replyreply
(05-09-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Sensors can fail in range or out of range. When they fail out of range, you get a fault for high voltage, low voltage or data valid but above/below normal range. Failed in range means that no faults occur but the sensor reads incorrectly by a small amount.

What problem are you chasing? I highly doubt this sensor will be the issue.

I just trying to educate myself on what all these sensors do. I'm having a problem with my fan not coming on when it's supposed to. The fan only works at startup when filling the air tanks but that's it. I've checked for air leaks, air valve everything i could possibly look for but I can't figure it out. I don't have insite right now so I can't diagnose correctly at the moment. Very frustrating
replyreply
fan wont come on unless A/C demands or water temp hits 215

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Try to manually apply 12v to the fan solenoid.

Does the engine sound noticeably change from a cold start clatter/knock to normal when coolant temp gets to operating levels? This would suggest that the coolant temp sensor is working properly.
replyreply
(05-09-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  fan wont come on unless A/C demands or water temp hits 215

Yes, that's my problem, it doesn't come on at 215, overheats.
replyreply
(05-09-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Try to manually apply 12v to the fan solenoid.

Does the engine sound noticeably change from a cold start clatter/knock to normal when coolant temp gets to operating levels? This would suggest that the coolant temp sensor is working properly.

I checked the fan solenoid and it's working properly, I replaced it about 6 months ago. The engine runs and sounds great at operating temp. It just overheats and don't get any codes.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.