Compressor Inlet Temp sensor
05-10-2020, (Subject: Compressor Inlet Temp sensor ) 
RE: Compressor Inlet Temp sensor
(05-10-2020 )rapidisimo Wrote:  The first time I overheated i replaced the solenoid but the issue remained. When I unplug the solenoid i do get a warning light but the fan doesn't come on and it did before.

sounds to me like new solenoid is bad, or hooked up wrong.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
^^^^^^^^Maybe both^^^^^^^^

Did you have to cut and splice wires to hook up the new solenoid? Are you positive you wired and plumbed it correctly?

Did you have any ECM updates done on the truck? Maybe not a delete. But its possible someone put the wrong file/calibration in your truck.
replyreply
The old and new solenoid had plugs i just plugged in didn't have to splice any wires. I don't let anyone touch my trk, I do all the work myself. I've never had any issues i couldn't correct myself until now with this fan issue. When I had insite in the past I did update the ecm when insite directed me to do so. I guess it could be a bad solenoid, I just thought because I replaced it not long ago, it couldn't be that.
replyreply
if any other oem parts are like cummins ied say 50/50 to get broke before install parts. easiest way to check take a 12v battery when truck is aired up and run power and ground to solenoid see if it closes and blows off when its suppose to.

when all else fails bring in external power to test components if the truck doesnt seem to want to run them. the fan working when airing up the system is because of air pressure nothing electronic

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
(05-10-2020 )rapidisimo Wrote:  The old and new solenoid had plugs i just plugged in didn't have to splice any wires. I don't let anyone touch my trk, I do all the work myself. I've never had any issues i couldn't correct myself until now with this fan issue. When I had insite in the past I did update the ecm when insite directed me to do so. I guess it could be a bad solenoid, I just thought because I replaced it not long ago, it couldn't be that.

the solenoid for the prostars looks like a piece of brass pipe. It has 3 fittings/ports on it. -- Inlet, normally open, and normally closed. ... if you plumbed it to the wrong fittings, or got inlet and normally closed backwards, or got it any other way around besides the way it goes, etc ... then it will not operate correctly.

this came up on a search. I think it is correct, but not 100% sure, as my truck is not around to see how mine is hooked up...

---- It should be connected "Normally Closed".

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
On the normally closed it says "A" should be left open. Mine has a blocking nut, stud thing on it, should that be there? If I take it off air leaks completely out when I shut the engine off. With the engine running it leaks while building air, fan on but once it reaches about 90 psi it stops leaking. Is that how its supposed to be?
replyreply
thats how it suppose to be above 90 PSI your fan should turn off unless its commanded on. below 90PSI it just always has fan on.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Ok, but when i turn off the engine air begins to leak out of part A in the pic above that Rawze posted.
replyreply
But with the key in the on position no air leaks out.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.