trucking rolling and smoking
05-21-2020, (Subject: trucking rolling and smoking ) 
RE: trucking rolling and smoking
(05-21-2020 )Geared_Cortex Wrote:  
(05-21-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  
(05-21-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-21-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  ... it regens every 15 - 20 minutes? My trucks average time between regens was about 100 hrs assuming everything okay not having any issues

I can only assume he might have meant to say that it takes 15-20 minutes to complete one, not that it does one every 20 mins?.

*shrug* I suppose so, but even that would be alarming wouldn't it?
I think 15-20 mins is good.

Perhaps it is. That was never my experience. My regens were always 45 - 55 mins. I would have thought that if it's shortened to a time such as 15 mins or so something is stopping that process from fully completing. Heck maybe my truck was worse than I thought it was? LOL
replyreply
(05-21-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  Perhaps it is. That was never my experience. My regens were always 45 - 55 mins. I would have thought that if it's shortened to a time such as 15 mins or so something is stopping that process from fully completing. Heck maybe my truck was worse than I thought it was? LOL
My prostar took around 15-20 mins doing the regen while I was driving down the road if I`m not mistaken that's what I remember seeing on insite but when I pulled the magic plug for a few days and had to do a parked regen at -25c it took about 40-50 mins. Someone told me once that there truck would ask for a parked regen every week and it took around 40 mins I think he had a kw . Maybe its different from a brand to another . Like some trucks you cant even run with the magic plug unplugged with the exact same engine. My guess not 100% sure.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
On CM871 engines, it takes 40 minutes even if the system is perfectly healthy. It is on a timer. - I f it takes longer, then there is something wrong.

On newer trucks, it is a shorter period of time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
05-29-2020, (Subject: trucking rolling and smoking ) 
Okay will insite tell me if I have a bad injector while Im driving down the road? and if so how do I go about getting insite?
replyreply
05-29-2020, (Subject: trucking rolling and smoking ) 
For your 871 injectors

Insite with inline adapter

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392812831650

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.