Getting ready to change doser at the turbo
05-29-2020, (Subject: Getting ready to change doser at the turbo ) 
RE: Getting ready to change doser at the turbo
(05-28-2020 )Meanwhile Wrote:  I picked up the antifreeze filter also. I stopped at Napa to see about the antifreeze test strips, they had a pack of 30ish for about $35 but they expired in 2017. I passed on that one.

good catch on the expiration.

For the others reading, how often should you change the power steering filter? I had the reservoir replaced just shy of 2 years ago, i assume the filter was also new then.

A word of caution, be careful adding gear lube to the truck that still has a DPF. If/when you start burning a lot of oil the gear lube in there will create more ash and start clogging up the DPF faster. If your oil consumption is low then it's probably not a big deal. But as you get closer to needing an inframe and start consuming more oil then you may end up with more ash collecting in the DPF. It's the reason why most of those additives were removed from the motor oil in the first place. Good for the engine, but bad for the DPF.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting ready to change doser at the turbo - JimT - 05-29-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.