low rates, No profit
05-18-2020, (Subject: low rates, No profit ) 
RE: low rates, No profit
Its bad right now. I'm running numbers and I'm operating at break even or very near break even. I can sustain this for a while but at a certain point It will make more sense to shut the business down temporarily. Park and store the truck. Cut insurances back to bare minimum liabilities in order to hold on to the plate and registration. And seek a company job till the freight turns around.

But to answer your question, no this is by no means the end of the O/O. In fact its times like these that will weed out some already distressed bigger companies and when the freight comes back the O/O is the fastest and most flexible to fill that demand. That is always our roll in the economy. We fill the enormous gaps in supply chains. It all comes from being flexible.

The best advice that I can give is tighten the hell out of your bills and expenditures. Do not cut maintenance and upkeep on the equipment AT ALL. If anything start doing MORE of your own repairs and start doing these much needed repairs in this slow times. You want to come out of this with your equipment in better shape to be prepared to take on work when it returns. You don't want to neglect your equipment now, only to have it finally break when your freight and rates return.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Explosia , Magard

Messages In This Thread
low rates, No profit - alborz - 05-18-2020,
RE: low rates, No profit - Chamberpains - 05-18-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.