low rates, No profit
05-18-2020, (Subject: low rates, No profit ) 
RE: low rates, No profit
(05-18-2020 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Rawze with all the add on what it the pay per mile total.... SO one can get an idea ...SO when they compare 1.30 a mile freight to yours..

my rate does not change. I get fixed cost per mile,all miles. Fuel sur-charge, I do get that too, it is the national rate, based on 6 mpg.

Here are some numbers ...

In the last 106,000 miles (2019) ... Truck did not run as hard as it should have, much down-time due to personal reasons and not truck issues, but we did not mind. Still, but that is not bad for mileage for only being out for a bit less than 8 or so months of the year in total.

Total Gross earnings: $128,776 --- (averaging $1.21/mile after FSC)

Total of Bank deposits from carrier after all fuel and other expenses came out: $85,098 --- ( averaging just above 0.80c/mile take-home pay after fuel and most other expenses). Total operating cost including fuel, qualcomm, etc.etc. was ~ 0.41c/mile thereabouts.

Total Truck Maint. costs (including oil changes and repairs/parts): $8147
===============

Money I kept in my pocket: $76,950 --- Some of this was re-invested into the business. Things like new computer or 2 and such things that we decided to get, but not absolutely necessary, were just investments )

If wife and son had run harder like they usually do, and had gotten say 175k miles for the year like we did the year before, that would have equated to our more normal amount of about $115,000 or so that we kept in our pockets.

Back when I was driving with the wife, I pushed the truck non-stop all year around. We rarely ever came home. It was not unusual to get 230,000 - 245,000 miles in a single year. Back then, our maint. costs were a bit higher, but even so, it was quite normal to take/see about $170,000 in our pockets by the end of each year after all expenses and maint.

-- My rates have not changed one bit, as I am on a fixed rate empty, loaded, and otherwise. If it moves, we do it cheap, but get paid for every bit of it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , david24 , hhow55

Messages In This Thread
low rates, No profit - alborz - 05-18-2020,
RE: low rates, No profit - Rawze - 05-18-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.