isx 870
05-20-2020, (Subject: isx 870 ) 
isx 870
I have an isx cm870 that i have set up for pto application only and am having trouble with some black smoke and high egt, after running a few minutes turbo command drops to 29 30 percent and boost is about 16 18 psi i have checked for leaks and have found none, ? is would this be because its not set up for pto app. because its automotive and not maybe a generator/industrial style calibration or what.
replyreply
RE: isx 870
what RPM are you running it at?

how much engine load?

is it deleted egr.. if so by who?

when is the last time you went thru the engine replacing the intake and other sensors, did a complete tune-up to it, and did the overheard valve adjustments, etc.?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
The rpm is from say 1300 to 1650 depends on amount of water needed, this thing is plumbed to run several pivots systems on a farm.
Yesterday engine load was at 52 percent, turbo speed was in lower to middle 50s at 30 percent turbo valve command and boost was 16 18 psi with constant black/gray smoke egt at 875/880.
I do believe ecm has egr delete and am not sure who done it.
Engine was just built and replacing boost sensor today, intake temp sensor has been replaced.
Also has new turbo and turbo air valve/vpod.
replyreply
Also installing manual boost gauge today and thanks for the reply.
replyreply
(05-20-2020 )Ga boy Wrote:  Also installing manual boost gauge today and thanks for the reply.

Check for a block plate at egr cooler. You could be recirculating exhaust gases through intake If the the egr valve is partially open or stuck open.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
(05-20-2020 )Ga boy Wrote:  ...
ecm has egr delete and am not sure who done it

assume it is bad ... real bad. Most delete programs are beyond horrible that are running around out there.

Get with Mommaburt or Unilevers and have the programming looked at.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-21-2020, (Subject: isx 870 ) 
What Rawze said, BIG TIME!! Have that delete program fixed and also let them know what your using it for so they can set it up properly for PTO use.

You may be also looking at a few other mechanical and possibly electrical problems. But 1st things 1st, get the ECM squared away. Then we can continue checking things like injectors, turbo actuator control module, ifsm and actuators, etc....
replyreply
05-26-2020, (Subject: isx 870 ) 
Can anyone tell me what to look for with bad tune having trouble getting help, i have insite and calterm. Thanks in advance.
replyreply
05-26-2020, (Subject: isx 870 ) 
(05-26-2020 )Ga boy Wrote:  Can anyone tell me what to look for with bad tune having trouble getting help, I have insite and 'c a l t e r m'. Thanks in advance.

If you have CT software then pull a copy of the program out of the ecm with it and e-mail it to me for a review.

I PM'd you my email addr.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.