Ongoing issues
05-29-2020, (Subject: Ongoing issues ) 
RE: Ongoing issues
(05-29-2020 )PenderD Wrote:  If this response double posts I apologize. Every time I hit post it’s only posting the first sentence even when I edit the post. Might have something to do with me copying and pasting out of a text message so I’ll type everything out and hope it works.

I apologize for lack of update. Been a hectic few days personally.

I asked for the file to be sent to me last Thursday and still hadn’t received it. Couple days ago I got a phone call asking if my turbo was under warranty. Ummm no and if this one is bad that’s 5 turbos in 150,000 miles.

At some point a whole bunch of yelling started in my end about the file that still had not been sent to me.

Well last night I got this.

“Definitely wrong programming

The original CPL on your truck is 3490

And someone put the programming for a CPL 3606 which has 550hp which is totally out of range for your truck

After we figure out what we are going to do about the new turbo we will program the correct CPL and do a proper delete.”

ugggghhhhhhh

The wrong program would not kill a turbo that quickly on its own. Bad delete? bad practices?,.. yes,.. simply wrong cpl? -- nope, not that quickly, not nearly.

Odds are that you are simply jumpuing down that path out of one bad program and into another.

I should not even have to reply to how idiotic that the continued string of these bad decisions sound. - you would not be in this situation if anyone your dealing with over there actually knew what they were doing. - What you posted sounds exactly to me like someone digging into their scabs over and over and not doing anything to comprehensively reverse the problem.

- I PM'd you my number, your welcome to give a ring .. You will also have it if that shop wants someone who can actually give them solid information towards solving the issues. -- Of course, they need to be willing to listen and leave any ego or arrogance at the door.

- Personally, I would not give them a red cent until you can get the final resulting "delete" program reviewed by a third party (Mr. Rawze / Me) when considering how many issues you have had. - Just an FYI: There is nothing in it for me, just offering to help out. I review hundreds and hundreds of programs a year for people, I simply call it like it is. There is also nothing inside any of that programming that I could not explain to someone else if there are any detailed questions on what I find.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Ongoing issues - PenderD - 05-21-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - Waterloo - 05-21-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - kozakvod - 05-21-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - Rawze - 05-21-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - PenderD - 05-21-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - Unilevers - 05-22-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - Rawze - 05-21-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - Waterloo - 05-22-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - PenderD - 05-29-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - tree98 - 05-29-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - Rawze - 05-29-2020
RE: Ongoing issues - Mattman - 05-29-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - PenderD - 05-29-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - Rawze - 05-29-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - PenderD - 06-02-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - PenderD - 06-02-2020,
RE: Ongoing issues - Rawze - 06-02-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.