CM871 kickin my Butt
05-22-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
Ok, Ok guys, take it easy, as I said I'm just learning all about this, and you're right it's really hard to know the BS from useful info.

I am educating myself is why I'm here and have watched so many of Rawze's videos, and I haven't done anything of cleaning my DPF other than Re-Gen, I'm just trying to learn what I can,, I honestly wasn't wanting to do anything without hearing from Rawze as I've gained great respect from his proven knowledge on this engine, methods are only "well known" to those who are in the "know" to not pressure wash, can't attack the student for not knowing the material when he first enters the classroom.

On a side note, I'm still wondering about the Fueling Actuators, are you guys finding them unavailable now? Or do you find they are available if I go to a Kenworth or Cummins Parts counter as I haven't found them searching online, it sounds like eventually they will need replacing and when they're still painted "RED" and my Truck is 11 years old now with 713k that they may soon need replacing?

Thanks, Russ
replyreply
(05-22-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  ...they're still painted "RED" and my Truck is 11 years old now with 713k that they may soon need replacing?

Thanks, Russ

depends on how well your injectors pass a leak test, and how rough it might be running.

I have 1.4 million miles on my original actuators and they still work good. Does not mean however that they all will last that long.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood
Well I Never Did Here Anybody Say Anything About Runnin A Cylinder Cut Out Test On It. I Don’t Know How They Determined It Was #3.
I Agree With Rawze, I Would Check The Overhead And Do An Injector Leak Test On It.
Also Put A Sight Glass On It And See If You’re Suckin Air.
Also Check Your Fuel Return Line Restriction.
Not Only ISX But Most Fuel Injection Systems Can’t Stand Return Line Restriction, And Will Make Them Generally Run Like shi#t.
replyreply
(05-22-2020 )Jimmy Wrote:  Well I Never Did Here Anybody Say Anything About Runnin A Cylinder Cut Out Test On It. I Don’t Know How They Determined It Was #3.
I Agree With Rawze, I Would Check The Overhead And Do An Injector Leak Test On It.
Not Only ISX But Most Fuel Injection Systems Can’t Stand Return Line Restriction, And Will Make Them Generally Run Like shi#t.

Yea that shop wouldn't provide much info to me , I had asked them to do the Cylinder Cut out Test, but for all I know they were throwin parts at it and shooting in the dark after replacing the Turbo and still wasn't running right, many shops do that instead of being the trained professionals they're supposed to be, too lazy to do the proper tests.

I completed the overhead set, and I set them .015 & .028 based on seeing Rawze discussing it with a guy and these engines lower the lash as they age and wear, but for a still missing and crappy running engine, it actually seems slightly better, revs a tad quicker for lumpiness, yet fairly smooth at 1000RPM but at 1250RPM it shakes pretty bad.

Following Rawze's suggestion, I'm going to order the Injector Leak kit, (plate with hose) and do the Injector Leak tests at the Fuel Metering Actuator. Checking Fuel Return line is a great idea thanks. So if all injectors look good and not leaking, I'm guessing (once I have the Inline 6 kit with Insite), the cylinder cut out tests, especially front 3 to back 3 cylinders is how we isolate which set of the 2 actuators Timing and Metering are bad, especially swapping them front to back and see if the problem follows to those cylinders. But how do you tell if both the timing and metering are bad, or just 1, and which of those 2 is bad? Does Insite show they're performance based on voltage steadiness or pulses, does it have graphing to show how clean the signal is as if functions? Sorry if there's a video covering all this that I haven't found yet, please link me to it, and thanks again guys.
replyreply
(05-22-2020 )Jimmy Wrote:  Well I Never Did Here Anybody Say Anything About Runnin A Cylinder Cut Out Test On It. I Don’t Know How They Determined It Was #3.

Do you knowingly capitalize every word? It makes my reading voice in my head emphasize every word. Weird....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
hey give the guy a break he probably went to a public school with those weird teachers we have nowadays that know nothing more about the subjects then the students do. hence why they cant teach cursive anymore.... makes me wonder when the gona get rid of the Print line and only have a signature line as theres no difference.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hhow55 , snailexpress
05-23-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
If Anyone is interested, this was the Best Price I found on the full Inline 6 Kit with Insite and Cables, most have been well over $200. Dollars.
https://www.obd2tool.com/goods.php?id=5067

The Injector Leak Tester can be found on Amazon for $98.99

If I need to replace, I'm going to need a Dial Torque Wrench and tool to replace, anyone found those at a good price ?
replyreply
05-23-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
(05-23-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  If Anyone is interested, this was the Best Price I found on the full Inline 6 Kit with Insite and Cables, most have been well over $200. Dollars.
https://www.obd2tool.com/goods.php?id=5067

The Injector Leak Tester can be found on Amazon for $98.99

If I need to replace, I'm going to need a Dial Torque Wrench and tool to replace, anyone found those at a good price ?

I have two of these, the 3/8" and the 1/4", these are the same units that Snap-On sells for triple the price. https://amzn.to/2ZCdRTP

I don't quite know what you are replacing, I am assuming an injector? If that is what you are needing a dial torque wrench for, inch pounds, this is what I use, an inexpensive beam wrench... https://amzn.to/2yt4UAR
AutoZone and O'Riely's sell them for around the same price. That is where I bought mine, and it works fine for adjusting the injectors.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood
05-26-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
So while I'm waiting for my Cylinder Leak Tester to get here, I decided to pull the DPF/DOC and clean it yesterday (Only compressor Air blow Out !). I test started prior to cleaning it with exhaust disconnected after Turbo to eliminate DPF can being clogged as an issue, and Truck runs a bit better after doing the overhead set (except the injectors as I don't have a dial Torque wrench yet) yet it's still like it's down a cylinder.

I'd like to post pictures but I've been away from Forums so long I don't even remember how to anymore.

But I wanted to ask if any of you listen to XM Radio and are familiar with {krumble bumble-f$cks} show and what has been said about the shop {garbage-can-pwower} in Pennsylvania ? The Driver who owns the company I contract with turned me onto them, as they discuss really having worked out (especially the ISX) living with all the EGR emissions garbage in place.

{rest of garbage removed from forum by Rawze}
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.