CM871 kickin my Butt
05-26-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
(05-26-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  So while I'm waiting for my Cylinder Leak Tester to get here, I decided to pull the DPF/DOC and clean it yesterday (Only compressor Air blow Out !). I test started prior to cleaning it with exhaust disconnected after Turbo to eliminate DPF can being clogged as an issue, and Truck runs a bit better after doing the overhead set (except the injectors as I don't have a dial Torque wrench yet) yet it's still like it's down a cylinder.

I'd like to post pictures but I've been away from Forums so long I don't even remember how to anymore.

But I wanted to ask if any of you listen to XM Radio and are familiar with {krumble bumble-f$cks} show and what has been said about the shop {garbage-can-pwower} in Pennsylvania ? The Driver who owns the company I contract with turned me onto them, as they discuss really having worked out (especially the ISX) living with all the EGR emissions garbage in place.

{rest of garbage removed from forum by Rawze}

If you believe in that charlatan, and that over-priced rip-off repair shop then all I can say is that you have squarely drunken the cool-aide and so has your friend.

that crap does not fly on this forum because it is all garbage that is completely f%%^king worthless marketed bulls#it that the droves of idiots are lead to believe and swear by out of sheer stupidity and ZERO actual MEASURABLE RESULTS!!.

here ya go...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid39382

those people and shops like that are true geniuses in how to dupe the trucking public. They know well that they have a captive audience because there is nothing better for truckwers out there to listen to for hours on end while bored going down the road.-- THROW THAT XM RADIO OUT THE SIDE WINDOW AND YOU WILL BE BETTER FOR IT!~!! -- OR AT LEAST BLOCK THAT TRUCKER CHANNEL ALL TOGETHER!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood
(05-26-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-26-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  So while I'm waiting for my Cylinder Leak Tester to get here, I decided to pull the DPF/DOC and clean it yesterday (Only compressor Air blow Out !). I test started prior to cleaning it with exhaust disconnected after Turbo to eliminate DPF can being clogged as an issue, and Truck runs a bit better after doing the overhead set (except the injectors as I don't have a dial Torque wrench yet) yet it's still like it's down a cylinder.

I'd like to post pictures but I've been away from Forums so long I don't even remember how to anymore.

But I wanted to ask if any of you listen to XM Radio and are familiar with {krumble bumble-f$cks} show and what has been said about the shop {garbage-can-pwower} in Pennsylvania ? The Driver who owns the company I contract with turned me onto them, as they discuss really having worked out (especially the ISX) living with all the EGR emissions garbage in place.

{rest of garbage removed from forum by Rawze}

If you believe in that charlatan, and that over-priced rip-off repair shop then all I can say is that you have squarely drunken the cool-aide and so has your friend.

that crap does not fly on this forum because it is all garbage that is completely f%%^king worthless marketed bulls#it that the droves of idiots are lead to believe and swear by out of sheer stupidity and ZERO actual MEASURABLE RESULTS!!.

here ya go...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid39382

those people and shops like that are true geniuses in how to dupe the trucking public. They know well that they have a captive audience because there is nothing better for truckwers out there to listen to for hours on end while bored going down the road.-- THROW THAT XM RADIO OUT THE SIDE WINDOW AND YOU WILL BE BETTER FOR IT!~!! -- OR AT LEAST BLOCK THAT TRUCKER CHANNEL ALL TOGETHER!

Excellent, what a great read, (hilarious) thank you for the feedback, that is what I was wondering, my friend keeps pushing me to get an XMRadio and listen to all this stuff, (which I don't have) and I figured if it was legit, this group and you would know about it by now, I had to ask.

I haven't spent a dime on any of this or their idea's, and was wondering if you knew of it, so I appreciate the feedback.
replyreply
Kevin
Or Kevin Ruth#$%erford
Which combination gives us the new Rawze edit.
I'm excited to push "post reply"...

** EDIT:
darn, neither changed to krumble mumble f$cks.. oh well it was funny when someone legitimately post the name Kevin and it would auto edit. Hahaha
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood , JimT
(05-26-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Kevin
Or Kevin Ruth#%erford
Which combination gives us the new Rawze edit.
I'm excited to push "post reply"...

** EDIT:
darn, neither changed to krumble mumble f$cks.. oh well it was funny when someone legitimately post the name Kevin and it would auto edit. Hahaha

LOL, glad to know KR is full of sheeote ! Hell I plug my thumbdrive in my deck and listen to tunes while driving and have little desire to listen to a bunch of talk radio anyway.

Rawze is right that these guys have a captured audience driving down the highways and brainwash them on crazy ideas, like my friend, but I will help try to change his mind and turn that crap off, so dang glad I found this forum, & videos, this is a major life saver for new OO's like me. I'd rather spend the $$ tooling myself up to work on my Big Truck, cause obviously so many of these shops today just don't have it together.
replyreply
and no one on here can forget that whole super-truck debacle a few years ago...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...72#pid1972

they used to make all these massive claims it would never wear out because of the microblu garbage, and all sorts of radio shows where they spent all day bragging endlessly about that thing,... and it was a complete disaster and engine tore itself up from all the bulls#it they tried to do to it.

I remember making a prediction that the $300,000 dollar truck they build for those people would not last more than about 300k miles,.. and sure enough it blew right the hell up as expected, right on schedule, almost to the mile. I think it blew at 280k or something thereabouts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood , Waterloo , JimT
05-27-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
(05-26-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  and no one on here can forget that whole super-truck debacle a few years ago...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...72#pid1972

they used to make all these massive claims it would never wear out because of the microblu garbage, and all sorts of radio shows where they spent all day bragging endlessly about that thing,... and it was a complete disaster and engine tore itself up from all the bulls#it they tried to do to it.

I remember making a prediction that the $300,000 dollar truck they build for those people would not last more than about 300k miles,.. and sure enough it blew right the hell up as expected, right on schedule, almost to the mile. I think it blew at 280k or something thereabouts.

That's funny, microblu huh? LOL, what a waste of $$, reminds me of those Prolong Commercials when they were pouring sand over the rockers of a running V8, that really used to crack me up, but like you said, someone out there buys into that foolishness, kinda like people actually bought the Pet Rock !

I run equipment loads to the southeast often, and I hope this year to get some time to take it to Mr.Hagg's shop or yourself, I really want to discuss what you experienced guys already know on the best tunes. I don't know the tune name in mine other then it's running the 475HP, 1650Tq program, I had my EGR cooler replaced in Missoula at a shop called 3d's, Dave the owner seems pretty good and knowledgeable, and showed me on his Insite hooked to my truck and said that is one of the best to run, but don't run the 485Hp one.

DHL messaged me today that my shipment will hopefully be here Friday, and I thinks that's my Inline 6 kit, then I have to learn how to use it. Is there any full tutorial's on Insite that anyone has done.
replyreply
(05-27-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  ... it's running the 475HP, 1650Tq program
...the owner seems pretty good and knowledgeable ...hooked to my truck and said that is one of the best to run, but don't run the 485Hp one.

Actually, that sounds a bit suspicious to me. Most mechanics have no clue what is actually inside the programs from the engine maker. They look at a bunch of limited specs in Insite that say little to nothing about each program and use that base their ideas off of without knowing anything about what the real differences are inside them.

should read here to learn a bit more about power and different programs...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

- What is the engine ser#?

replyreply
(05-27-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  ...
DHL messaged me today that my shipment will hopefully be here Friday, and I thinks that's my Inline 6 kit, then I have to learn how to use it. Is there any full tutorial's on Insite that anyone has done.

Get that adapter and software working. With a bit of effort and learning, you will no longer be bound to others with regards to owning your truck. Many on here have gone from not being able to hold a screwdriver to tuning their own engines. Most people who can navigate their way around a computer to some medium degree and are able to do things like fill out a spread-sheet can easily learn how to tweak on things in their engine. - Although it is a learning process, It is not nearly as difficult as most would think. Difference is that ppl who own their own equipment are much more apt to care + do things right, take their time, and not do things to tear the thing up unlike the typical golden screwdriver moron with a laptop and a false promise.

replyreply
My ESN 79287222, everything I've read and watched you discuss is why I'd like to meet you experience folks and increase my knowledge on this. And I've driven mine as you've suggested and I'm the best miler of our small 14 truck company, most are long noses but I think about 3 or 4 are Aero Cabs, but the folks who operate the company told me I'm by far getting the best mileage, and I'm not near what you get, but I'm always in the 7's and sometimes low 8.

In listening to what you've had to say about driving and knowing Hot Rod Magazines proved years ago, engines need to be revved and run better, they even took 2 fresh rebuilt engines the same, and broke both in entirely different, one they did the old "baby it, for the first 1000 mentality" the other they ran it hard on the dyno straight off, and proved the rings seat better and that engine ended up making considerable better power and ran better.

I have a 6 speed Cummins 24valve Ram with 25K more miles than my Dad's older 12valve, yet he idles around our small town (never getting on it), and he came home from pulling his camper 2 years ago and told me it simply lacks any power, I got in it, and it'd barely make 2000rpm. I put some Howe's diesel Treatment in it, and when he was out of town, I revved the hell of his truck and woke it up, yet it still needs some hard running to get better still, but mine will zip right up to redline as it should.
(I'm going to try Diesel Cleen you've suggested)

The company I drove a short time for to get back into truck driving as I hadn't driven a Semi since 1994, (I left the Semi-Conductor Industry after 24 years to move to North Idaho and get outta the big city) anyway, their trucks were auto's, and their shift mapping was terrible, climbing hills the damn thing wouldn't downshift until about 1180rpm, it was terrible.
I shift mine even approaching a hill like you said, and get it up there 1500-1600rpm, and I only push the teeter bottom of my pedal to the floor, I never lift up to the middle of the pedal to mash it to the floor. (I drive in my socks so I can really feel the pedal better.)

I can have only 16000lbs on board and still have far more loaded trucks pass me on hills cause all these guys mash the pedal to the floor, and I only go 63-65mph on the flats. It doesn't matter if I'm light or heavy I only use that lower limit of my pedal so I can deliver still at 7 - 8 mpg.

I know you drive at 55-60, but in my truck that has me below 1450 and I can tell my truck is lugging more and doesn't really like it, I have 3.55's running 295/75-22.5 with a 13speed. My cams looked good and I'm going to start putting 1 gallon of gear oil with oil changes like you've done, and I hope to go awhile before rebuild.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.