CM871 kickin my Butt
06-11-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
Thanks guys, I finally have Insite working !!!! yahoooooo, Idle at 773-790rpm, went through cylinder cut out tests and it will run on each #4,#5 & #6 individually.
#4 drops to 590-620rpm,
#5 drops to 610-650rpm,
#6 drops to 660-702rpm,

front 3 look much weaker
#1 drops to 492-531rpm,
#2 drops to 460-513rpm,
#3 kills engine instantly.

I can tell #3 is acting like a dead cylinder as it contributes nothing turning it off and on.

Well Rawze, does this mean my head is bad? Or maybe Valve? What do you guys think?

Remember a shop replaced Injector #3, then I replaced both #2 & #4 proving with the leak tester they were pushing air in water, I never saw proof on #3 but that cylinder is acting dead. Here's where I need you experienced guys to steer me ?
replyreply
06-11-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
not getting everything I typed, I did swap both actuators front to back, and problems stayed on the front 3 cylinders.
replyreply
06-12-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
(06-11-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  ....
#3 kills engine instantly.

I can tell #3 is acting like a dead cylinder as it contributes nothing turning it off and on.

Swap #3 injector with another one and do the test again. If it follows the injector then you know where the problem is... if it stays at #3, the head is worn out. - seen that before a few times.

Also might want to loosen all the rocker shafts and pressurize the intake manifold to about 20 psi to see if your loosing compression around the valve seats on any cylinders.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood
06-17-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
Well I finally had a no rain day, and got the injector swaps done, and yep, problem stayed on Cylinder #3, it's dead, so I guess I'm in for a new head , but at this point of 713k and how weak cylinder #1 & #2 are, I think it's silly to go through that much cost and effort and not just do the full in-frame now, I don't have the chedder but I think I'm going to have to find a way like a loan, or park it and take a job working for someone else for awhile. My cams look good but I think I should replace them when going with a new head and engine re-build, not to mention I think my balancer is original.

My issue is now the same that I haven't found a shop in Spokane that I trust. I did ask a guy who did some good work for me before in Missoula Montana if between a Cummins Repair Center, or Kenworth, what would he trust, and he said Peterbilt tends to be more detail oriented.

What do you guys think ?
replyreply
Shoot a pm to unilevers, since he is in Camrose, ab. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I think most people here would tell you to stay away from any dealer or big name chain shops and find a way to the get truck down to Mr. Hagg in GA and get it done right. I know that's my plan when the time comes. Either that or figure out how to do the work myself.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood , Waterloo
That or take it to Mr. hags in atlanta. .. better yet.. do the inframe yourself.

No matter where you take it... ensure 100% that all the things recommended to do to it along that journey like counter-bore and raising liner height, torquing head and re-torquing it again next day method that is talked about on here... etc.etc.etc. are all done. - Most shops cannot be bothered to take all those extra steps and some will even argue they are not necessary.. It really is a shame that no one wants to build an ISX the right ways any more, especially the stealers$its and OEM certified shops. they are absolutely the worst.

read, read, and read some more... educate yourself on the subject so you don;t get ripped off. Its your money and future your gambling with otherwise....
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid46498
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid46476
and..
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid48553

-- and read through the nightmere that some of the other forum members have gone through by using those so-called "good stealers$its" that they trusted... like Waterloo's truck.. that thing is a fine example of how to get ripped off by those you trusted. maybe he will turn his whole nightmare of a story into a best-selling novel some day eh?

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid25356

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-18-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
It's so hard to decide what to do ? I really want to get it to Mr. Hagg for rebuild. I just don't trust anyone but Rawze and the recommendations of this Forum and Mr. Hagg... I don't yet have the confidence and/or Tooling or an indoor place to do it myself...

I look at the cost of renting another truck and even if I could rent a lowboy trailer, cause my Truck is too tall to go on my own Step Deck and using a rental truck to haul mine there, geez talk about dumping $$$.

How damaging would it be to bobtail this thing on 5 cylinders from North Idaho (Hayden) to Mr. Hagg's in Georgia ? If it's going to be rebuilt anyway does it matter or would it come apart and/or really ruin the whole engine or DPF/Dox with raw fuel ?

I wish I could stop the fueling to #3 Injector, and open #3 to just have the slug pumping aimlessly to just being a little load on the other 5, but there's no way I can see.

wow, I priced that sleeve puller tool Rawze used and not to mention any other tools needed I don't have, I'm only tooled for working on cars/pickups, I tried breaking loose one of my lugnuts with my 1/2" drive 36" extension and it only started bending.

I'm just in a pickle and trying to figure out how to get my truck to Georgia.
replyreply
06-18-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
(06-18-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  ...
I'm just in a pickle and trying to figure out how to get my truck to Georgia.

i pm'd u my number.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.