CM871 kickin my Butt
08-17-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
What part of the world are you in? Maybe someone on here can lend a hand.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(08-17-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  What part of the world are you in? Maybe someone on here can lend a hand.

So far no one has chimed in being near me from this Forum, I'm in North Idaho, I did meet one guy my (75) friend introduced me too, who used to work on Diesel's in the Military, but he doesn't know these Emissions over the road Trucks like ours, but he might be a possibility for heavy stuff, plus my 23 year old son is around, but he's only so useful, you know kids these days, hard to get them off their asses, he'll help when called but he won't just hang with me while working on it and be there as taking part with this project while I'm working on this thing..

User's Signature: 2009 Kenworth T2000, 13sp 3.55's. CM871 CPL2732. IMA Old Hot Rodder !
replyreply
(08-17-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  
(08-17-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  What part of the world are you in? Maybe someone on here can lend a hand.

So far no one has chimed in being near me from this Forum, I'm in North Idaho, I did meet one guy my (75) friend introduced me too, who used to work on Diesel's in the Military, but he doesn't know these Emissions over the road Trucks like ours, but he might be a possibility for heavy stuff, plus my 23 year old son is around, but he's only so useful, you know kids these days, hard to get them off their asses, he'll help when called but he won't just hang with me while working on it and be there as taking part with this project while I'm working on this thing..

so just hire a local guy to do the counter-bores and tell them you want a sopecific depth cut...

An OEM shim of 0.020" and a depth of 4.741" results in 0.014" height. <- OPTIMAL HEIGHT!.
An OEM shim of 0.020" and a depth of 4.740" results in 0.015" height. (exceptable but is the upper limit).

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid39685
and
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid28349

-- most ppl doing counter-bores for red engines charge about $100 per hole. Just have em show you the depths in detail to ensure they did it they way you want to and ignore their complaining about trying to make it 0.010" height instead demand they set it so that you get 0.014".

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.