Making my screwups right
05-25-2020, (Subject: Making my screwups right ) 
RE: Making my screwups right
My first mistake was taking a "friends" advice on this particular truck, not long after he picked up a load that was going from KC to Chattanooga, and decided he didn't want to take it, dropped it at the Petro in Oak Grove MO, and left it. Problem was I was in NM on my way to FL with a load already. Needless to say we don't speak anymore. The truck was pulling fairly light loads for the last 250k. Mostly air freight. As I said, I'm driving a company truck at the moment, so the truck is sitting. I will be doing the inframe myself. Its not tagged and the hassle to get it somewhere else, especially out of state isn't worth it. Can the ECM be bench repaired? I can take it off and send it a whole lot easier than the whole truck. As far as gearing, it's got 3.42 rears, and tall rubber. I think I need to go to 3.73 or 3.91. I cant nail down which way to go yet. The ecm is programmed at 500 hp, 1550 tq. Although I have put a 2400 tq lipe clutch and 1850 tq 13 speed in it, the drivetrain could easily handle about any torque a factory program could put down. No one would bump the torque up, because the factory clutch and trans were rated for 1550. I usually kept it above 1400, and always dropped a split on any kind of pull. I have an autometer pyro and manifold pressure gauge in it, but I don't trust either one, the pyro never moved, and the manifold liked to stick. I always ran Fleetgaurd filters, and was never a fan of pukas for the same reasons. Glorified crude oil.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Making my screwups right - Tom - 05-23-2020,
RE: Making my screwups right - Tom - 05-25-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.