detroit diesel 60 EPA07
05-24-2020, (Subject: detroit diesel 60 EPA07 ) 
detroit diesel 60 EPA07
Hi friends...please help me with 60 series EPA07 getting fault ,,,,,,SOOT LEVEL ABOVE NORMAL(most sever level)....please help me with problem....
replyreply
RE: detroit diesel 60 EPA07
pull the DOC and dpf and have em baked, de-ashed, and flow-tested at stealers$it for a few hundred bucks?

you don't get excess soot without enigne problems, so do an EGR tune-up and get the engine running right again while your at it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Already clean doc an pdf an same problem...
replyreply
Was a dpf reset done?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
EGR tuneup too... Need to replace the intake pressure and exhaust back pressure sensors, and I am sure there are a few other sensors on the Detroit that are similar to those on our Cummins in the EGR system. May have to remove and clean up the EGR valve itself to ensure it is working properly. Also, those O2 sensors down by the cans too. Clean the soot out of the intake side, pop the valve cover and inspect the cam.
replyreply
Guys can give list of thing I have to clean an what substance to use....is my first job doing doc an dpf....real need your help...how to reset when I'm finish...
replyreply
DOC and DPF, you need to take those in to have cleaned... FleetPride does it in some locations, shop around. The rest of it is pretty simple, replace all of the EGR sensors and pull intake and other bits and clean with Carburetor Cleaner. Use a nylon brush and do not knock any chunks of soot into the motor. Watch Rawze's EGR tuneup videos, your Detroit has the same parts, just need to figure out where they are, motors all run on the same principle.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Do you have dddl? You will be chasing a ghost without it and understanding of how the system works. Each brand works on the same principals but different implementation. Watch rawze videos and the research yours. If you system has not been maintained you are in for a fun ride. There isn't a simple fix button to hit to correct your issue.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
05-27-2020, (Subject: detroit diesel 60 EPA07 ) 
If you just cleaned the filters and immediately got them clogged back up, then like Rawze said, you have some other problem. While the EGR tune-up/cleaning and sensor replacement is VERY important, I'd wager that you have some other issue causing excess soot. How many miles on that truck? What's your oil consumption like? What's you average MPG and how often do you change the oil? What about coolant? Are you adding coolant without visible leaks? Any pictures of the DPF/DOC, this time or from previous cleaning?

There are a lot of things that could cause your problem. ANY additional information would help narrow down the list of possibilities.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.