Cm 870 egr
05-26-2020, (Subject: Cm 870 egr ) 
Cm 870 egr
Hello,first post on the forum.I have an 06 cm 870 8518 I just installed a new egr valve as my old one was out of range according to the quickserve trouble shooting tree.also cleaned out egr cooler and tubing.at this point all I have for troubleshooting is my bluepoint code scan tool.but it did put the ck engine light out so I gained there.now I occasionally get a huffing noise from the turbo for a fraction of a second and dense black smoke until I release the accelerator and re apply pressure.it also feels like you shut the ignition off for a fraction of a second when the huffing noise occurs.nothing new showing up on the scan tool beyond an inactive engine brake code.boost runs about 30 to 35 psi but does fall when the event occurs I'm wondering about the intake sensors as I've never replaced them.only one I've done is the exaust pressure sensor.just wondering if I'm on the right track here or not.figuring on a laptop and insite soon.
replyreply
RE: Cm 870 egr
did u clean out the Delta-p tubes and replace the sensor?. it is located to the right of the fuel filter hidden back against the block.

also might want to replace intake pressure and other related sensors if they are old too.

last but not least, the 870 has an air actuated turbo arm. they tend to be a bit laggy and can hang up and cause some issues sometimes. Same thing with the controller.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks for the reply,did not clean delta p tunes or change that sensor but I will asap.I did put a new control box on for the turbo and air line as well arm movement is stiffer than I'd like but it does go to full stroke @60psi
replyreply
(05-26-2020 )Log lugger Wrote:  Thanks for the reply,did not clean delta p tunes or change that sensor but I will asap.I did put a new control box on for the turbo and air line as well arm movement is stiffer than I'd like but it does go to full stroke @60psi
Unbolt the actuator from the turbo and check if the arm on the turbo itself travels freely. If not it maybe time to replace the turbo. I had a similar issue to what you had except my turbo was rebuilt and improperly clocked causing the vg vanes to hang up with the same symptoms you mentioned. In your case it would be from soot packing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.