871 leaking actuator
05-30-2020, (Subject: 871 leaking actuator ) 
871 leaking actuator

The plus side to working in dusty conditions is leaks become very apparent quickly. I had all the actuators opened a few weeks back and this one had a wet plug when I removed it, not sure if I should open it up and try putting a new o ring or maybe it’s swap time. I wasn’t able to accurately measure shaft play when I had them apart because I seem to have misplaced my vice but maybe ill be looking at em again.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
05-30-2020, (Subject: 871 leaking actuator ) 
RE: 871 leaking actuator
The way it's wet all over, maybe oring? I had a new one leak at the plug, but it was the only place that was wet. Who knows, hot fuel runs up hill easy enough.
replyreply
05-31-2020, (Subject: 871 leaking actuator ) 
Clean it up, put a new one ring in it, throw a fresh coat of dust on it and see if it comes back. If the truck is running good, then you have time to try cheap fixes 1st.
replyreply
looks like a leaky timing solenoid to me. Replacing it is likely the only fix.

======================
Is that truck de-mandated?. If so, then why is the Doser pipe supply line still connected?
./uploads/202005/post_2_1590924492_dc8b9ca6d937b79364eb15031bdf18c7.png

* Removing the supply-pipe (at both ends).
* Removing the short piece of stand-off on the IFSM that it attaches to.
* Installing a threaded plug into the IFSM where the stand-off was (part# 3678921)

It could just be left on, but then you have to check every so often to ensure your Desor injector has not gotten leaky, causing mysterious fuel mileage losses.
======================

Also: I see you are running a Donaldson fuel filter. That is fine, but i hope like hell your not using Donaldson Oil filters (anything that is NOT fleetguard). That is dancing with the kiss of engine death!.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid31682

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Nostalgic
(05-31-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  looks like a leaky timing solenoid to me. Replacing it is likely the only fix.

======================
Is that truck de-mandated?. If so, then why is the Doser pipe supply line still connected?

* Removing the supply-pipe (at both ends).
* Removing the short piece of stand-off on the IFSM that it attaches to.
* Installing a threaded plug into the IFSM where the stand-off was (part# 3678921)

It could just be left on, but then you have to check every so often to ensure your Desor injector has not gotten leaky, causing mysterious fuel mileage losses.
======================

Also: I see you are running a Donaldson fuel filter. That is fine, but i hope like hell your not using Donaldson Oil filters (anything that is NOT fleetguard). That is dancing with the kiss of engine death!.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid31682

I never thought to remove the doser supply, thanks a million for the recommendation, I’ll take care of that right away!

I purely run Donaldson, have for 10 years on all my truck and have never had a issue , I’ve had problems with Baldwin. My oil filter is a Donaldson Blue series synthetic, I run Donaldson blue air filters also.

I didn’t know anyone was having issues with Donaldson’s....

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(05-31-2020 )Brock Wrote:  ...
I didn’t know anyone was having issues with Donaldson’s....

take a pic of the oil filter where the seal & o-ring is and post it here. Maybe they changed their design too?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-31-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  If so, then why is the Doser pipe supply line still connected?

I can't speak for his, but mine has a flat hex bolt in there, and the line is "super glued" onto that bolt head. I want to keep it looking factory!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , Nostalgic

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.