Prostar pos help
06-01-2020, (Subject: Prostar pos help ) 
Prostar pos help
No idea where to start but....... fixed the ac issue on my 2016 prostar Cummins isx... it was low on Freon 0.51 level. Paid $222 to get it vacuumed and recharged. Blows cold as hell now, coming back into Florida to be home for the weekend as I have a 2 drop outside from my house truck has been off for 5 hours and I was mowing my lawn n drinking. I go to my truck to get something and inside the cab I smell smoke. Looking around like a crazy person and I look out to the hood see smoke coming from the engine. I pop the hood see fire behind my fuel filter I grabbed my gallon of water and put it out without thinking. After freaking out I got down on the ground with a flashlight looking where it started. The starter was burnt also the harnesses around it so no idea how or why it caught on fire with my truck being off. Thankfully I have 15k miles left on warranty so I paid the $375 to get it towed to the dealer 47 miles away and now waiting to hear from them. Has anyone ever had that happen to their truck? I’m still at a dead end as to how it happened.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
06-02-2020, (Subject: Prostar pos help ) 
RE: Prostar pos help
Mine should have burnt down, a 2008 ProStar, battery cable from factory was missing more than a few feet of the cable jacket on all cables. The main power to the starter was missing a full 10 inches of that rubber jacket, and yes, this came from the factory like that. When you get it home, I would recommend getting under the truck and start doing some real inspections, the dealer will slap a band aid on the problem, and more than likely they will not even figure out what happened anyways, they will feed you a line of BS and you will wake up as a s'mores one night in the truck as it burns to the ground. Never trust the dealer with this stuff, this is something that can and will kill you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
06-02-2020, (Subject: Prostar pos help ) 
RE: Prostar pos help
(06-02-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Mine should have burnt down, a 2008 ProStar, battery cable from factory was missing more than a few feet of the cable jacket on all cables. The main power to the starter was missing a full 10 inches of that rubber jacket, and yes, this came from the factory like that. When you get it home, I would recommend getting under the truck and start doing some real inspections, the dealer will slap a band aid on the problem, and more than likely they will not even figure out what happened anyways, they will feed you a line of BS and you will wake up as a s'mores one night in the truck as it burns to the ground. Never trust the dealer with this stuff, this is something that can and will kill you.

I appreciate it sir..... paid $375 to have it towed to closest shop now they are saying it will be a few days to get it in the shop. Thinking of spending little more and taking it to a good shop which I should have done.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.