Isx shutting off randomly
06-04-2020, (Subject: Isx shutting off randomly ) 
RE: Isx shutting off randomly
My dad had similar issue turned out was the wire from fuse box to ecm not the key on wire but the constant power wire

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-04-2020, (Subject: Isx shutting off randomly ) 
Does the truck have a battery disconnect switch?
Mine had one & one side of it started to look abnormal when looked closely at it
Changed it out cleaned up connections & she was good to go
replyreply
06-05-2020, (Subject: Isx shutting off randomly ) 
Sounds like a keyswitch issue. Nothing the engine can do will make the dashboard reset like you describe.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , redbeard
06-07-2020, (Subject: Isx shutting off randomly ) 
I'd agree with Signature620. Either keyswitch or some other wiring between the batteries and the ignition. Might want to start at the batteries, test all of them, clean up the connections, check all the cables (and grounds) then work your way toward the ignition. Replace any fuses, in-line and in fuse box, related to it.

Pay close attention to you battery cables. One time I had one corrode inside the lug, hidden there until it presumably fell out after hitting a bump and bounce around inside my aluminum battery box. The shorting caused similar dashboard issues as you mentioned. It was subtle and intermittent and took some really close inspection to find the cause. Probably also the reason I had to replace all my batteries again after only 1 year.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard
06-11-2020, (Subject: Isx shutting off randomly ) 
(06-04-2020 )DSTdriver Wrote:  Does the truck have a battery disconnect switch?
Mine had one & one side of it started to look abnormal when looked closely at it
Changed it out cleaned up connections & she was good to go
No no battery disconnect I think it's the ecm. The video was under how to tell when cummins isx ecm is going bad
replyreply
06-11-2020, (Subject: Isx shutting off randomly ) 
(06-11-2020 )Jredman33 Wrote:  The video was under how to tell when cummins isx ecm is going bad

ecm itself may or may not be your issue.. hopefully your guess is correct.. but I can say for sure that the video of that guy turning on and off the keyswitch in the dash repeatedly while driving it is completely useless and proves absolutely nothing! -- He got simply lucky by replacing the ecm. - I would trust that video about as far as you can pick that truck up and throw it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver
06-12-2020, (Subject: Isx shutting off randomly ) 
Tanks to everyone who responded turned out to be a bad ecm
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DSTdriver

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.