Bad temperature gauge or sensor?
06-30-2020, (Subject: Bad temperature gauge or sensor? ) 
RE: Bad temperature gauge or sensor?
(06-28-2020 )Meanwhile Wrote:  I just found this on an ASE Diesel diagnosis page.

High Intake Manifold TemperatureECM will turn the engine cooling fan on at 190 ºF. A 20% power derate begins when the mainfold tem-perature reaches 210 ºF. The derate increases to 40% if the temperature remains high.

I'm gonna go check my Intake sensor and see if it's covered with junk.

I was looking thru a CM2250 file today for someone and thought about this post you made while going thru it.

Here is how this persons CM2250 is set with regard to engine fan use and CAC temps...

* From factory, the engine fan is requested to come on if the CAC estimated inlet temp is above 166+F.

* For trucks equipped with a with variable speed engine fan, 33% fan speed is requested at 166-F, 66% at 184-F, and 100% at 199F.

Cummins programming refers to it as "Charge Temperature".

==================
I am not implying this is your issue, but just thought I would follow up with that assumption/question that you posted earlier.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meanwhile , snailexpress

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad temperature gauge or sensor? - Rawze - 06-30-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.