Anybody running electric APU?
08-26-2017, (Subject: Anybody running electric APU? ) 
RE: Anybody running electric APU?
(08-26-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(08-26-2017 )Kid Rock Wrote:  
(08-26-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  Some words I have to say about safety.
Please immediately wrap all wires and zip tie them so it will non rubbing against the frame or cab.
We don't need fire or electrocuted.

I didn't realize how nice the sharkaire was over its competitors until I started watching YouTube instal videos...

Some mini splits didn't come with wiring, some came with wires but were not stripped or crimped, some of the units had copper lines that were not pre flarred

But the sharkaire had real nice color coded wiring that was pre-crimped with the right fittings, copper lines were preflarred. Real nice- thanks for the idea... even the controller is nice

The hvac man that came to pull a vacuum agreeed , he said it was nicer than the ones they sell lol

just came back from Europe. Was shocked what price they have for mini split AC. About $70 after currency convert. No window AC in store at all. different world.

Oh, wow..
replyreply
08-27-2017, (Subject: Anybody running electric APU? ) 
(07-15-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  Here is one. Can run on battery, shore power or generator.

Hey snailexpress: This was posted July last year. With 2 summers on it now, how's it holding up? Any problems? Still working?

My diesel APU packed it in and I can't justify fixing it or buying a new one. Next spring I'd like to install a split AC and am wondering about durability.
replyreply
08-28-2017, (Subject: Anybody running electric APU? ) 
(08-27-2017 )barf Wrote:  
(07-15-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  Here is one. Can run on battery, shore power or generator.

Hey snailexpress: This was posted July last year. With 2 summers on it now, how's it holding up? Any problems? Still working?

My diesel APU packed it in and I can't justify fixing it or buying a new one. Next spring I'd like to install a split AC and am wondering about durability.
So far I don't have any problem with AC unit. Everything is working as it suppose to. i didn't cover outdoor part of AC or generator for the winter. Generator gave me some problem but now I have fix it. Tomorrow will post picture for more reliable indoor unit support. Existing brackets not designed to survive bumps and bridges G-force.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , Doublecoin
(08-27-2017 )barf Wrote:  

What happened to it and what brand?
replyreply
(08-28-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  So far I don't have any problem with AC unit. Everything is working as it suppose to. i didn't cover outdoor part of AC or generator for the winter. Generator gave me some problem but now I have fix it. Tomorrow will post picture for more reliable indoor unit support. Existing brackets not designed to survive bumps and bridges G-force.

I used to use portable A/C units with a generator too. 4-5 trips over veil pass though,.. and the portable A/C unit was toast. It just could not take the constant altitude changes. Same thing with small refrigerators that I would get at Walmart.

Just throwing that out there for others to think about.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , barf , Doublecoin
08-29-2017, (Subject: Anybody running electric APU? ) 
Hey Kid Rock did you mount it to the back of the cab or to your headache rack?    
Mine is mounted to the cab like Snailexpress. keeps the movement on the hard copper lines to a minimum. Everything moves as 1 piece. I have only seen one other mini split installed in a truck in person and his was mounted to the frame and his connections were toast from all the movement between the cab and frame.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Doublecoin
08-29-2017, (Subject: Anybody running electric APU? ) 
(08-29-2017 )Jon Mastin Wrote:  Hey Kid Rock did you mount it to the back of the cab or to your headache rack?
Mine is mounted to the cab like Snailexpress. keeps the movement on the hard copper lines to a minimum. Everything moves as 1 piece. I have only seen one other mini split installed in a truck in person and his was mounted to the frame and his connections were toast from all the movement between the cab and frame.

I went and got a bracket made like the one snailexpress has. I have a volvo too so it worked out perfect not having to drill any new holes for the bracket.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.