Anybody running electric APU?
07-15-2016, (Subject: Anybody running electric APU? ) 
RE: Anybody running electric APU?
(07-15-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  Snailexpress, I don't know how I would add a controller box between the A/C unit and the batteries if I ran that A/C unit.

Some how I would have to have a connection in between them to recharge the batteries and control the power from the batteries to the A/C control panel. That set up you have has definetly grabbed my interest.

I like the idea that it will run by generator and shore power connection.

Xantrex has everything
http://www.donrowe.com/Xantrex-808-0915-...8-0915.htm
http://www.donrowe.com/Xantrex-Freedom-4...530-12.htm
This toys are expensive so I do it manually
replyreply
07-15-2016, (Subject: Anybody running electric APU? ) 
(07-15-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(07-15-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  Snailexpress, I don't know how I would add a controller box between the A/C unit and the batteries if I ran that A/C unit.

Some how I would have to have a connection in between them to recharge the batteries and control the power from the batteries to the A/C control panel. That set up you have has definetly grabbed my interest.

I like the idea that it will run by generator and shore power connection.

Xantrex has everything
http://www.donrowe.com/Xantrex-808-0915-...8-0915.htm
http://www.donrowe.com/Xantrex-Freedom-4...530-12.htm
This toys are expensive so I do it manually

Wow! That Xantrex super duper 458 inverter/charger seems like a badass.

Has a lot of protection capabilities for your electrical circuits.

Wowx2!! At the price.
replyreply
08-25-2017, (Subject: Anybody running electric APU? ) 

(07-15-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  Here is one. Can run on battery, shore power or generator.

Snailexpress- u've been an inspiration

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , gatow900 , Doublecoin
08-26-2017, (Subject: Anybody running electric APU? ) 
Some words I have to say about safety.
Please immediately wrap all wires and zip tie them so it will non rubbing against the frame or cab.
We don't need fire or electrocuted.
replyreply
(08-26-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  Some words I have to say about safety.
Please immediately wrap all wires and zip tie them so it will non rubbing against the frame or cab.

it is also against DOT regulations not to have all wires inside a protective cover such as split-loom

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Doublecoin

No doubt! I took these pictures before the final "button-up"

Wrapped up the wires in electric tape first, then wire loom, then zip tied to bracket
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(08-26-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  

it is also against DOT regulations not to have all wires inside a protective cover such as split-loom

Teeeen four
replyreply

I didn't realize how nice the sharkaire was over its competitors until I started watching YouTube instal videos...

Some mini splits didn't come with wiring, some came with wires but were not stripped or crimped, some of the units had copper lines that were not pre flarred

But the sharkaire had real nice color coded wiring that was pre-crimped with the right fittings, copper lines were preflarred. Real nice- thanks for the idea... even the controller is nice

The hvac man that came to pull a vacuum agreeed , he said it was nicer than the ones they sell lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Doublecoin
(08-26-2017 )Kid Rock Wrote:  

I didn't realize how nice the sharkaire was over its competitors until I started watching YouTube instal videos...

Some mini splits didn't come with wiring, some came with wires but were not stripped or crimped, some of the units had copper lines that were not pre flarred

But the sharkaire had real nice color coded wiring that was pre-crimped with the right fittings, copper lines were preflarred. Real nice- thanks for the idea... even the controller is nice

The hvac man that came to pull a vacuum agreeed , he said it was nicer than the ones they sell lol

just came back from Europe. Was shocked what price they have for mini split AC. About $70 after currency convert. No window AC in store at all. different world.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.