CM 870 High Oil Temp
06-13-2020, (Subject: CM 870 High Oil Temp ) 
RE: CM 870 High Oil Temp
I have not seen where you mention any HP or torque settings, or boost levels that you are seeing under maximum engine loads.

is it still at 475 hp like mentioned? or has it been changed to something else?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(06-13-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  I have not seen where you mention any HP or torque settings, or boost levels that you are seeing under maximum engine loads.

is it still at 475 hp like mentioned? or has it been changed to something else?
I am not sure of the HP or Torque settings boost runs up to 38psi
I set him a text to see what he set it at ill let you know if i get a reply The last one was supposed to be 500
Thanks
replyreply
sounds a touch high for 500hp. I like to see it down around 36 or so myself.

anyone check the barrometric, intake pressure, exhaust and other sensors for correctness too?

also, how old is the oil cooler? if it is anodized, it can cause higher than normal oil temps, but that still does not explain the exhaust running cold.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb
06-14-2020, (Subject: CM 870 High Oil Temp ) 
Sensors are all new. Temps and pressures all seam normal. Cooler could be original I don't have any history. Was thinking of changing the oil cooler thermostat,wondered if it could be hanging up?
replyreply
06-15-2020, (Subject: CM 870 High Oil Temp ) 
From my experience with my CM870 I would change the whole oil cooler core and thermostat. They do go bad and you'll also experience higher coolant temps as well. Make sure your turbo actuator box is working properly those things can be quite wonky unless you have an old style high mount actuator.
replyreply
06-15-2020, (Subject: CM 870 High Oil Temp ) 
I would swap that oil cooler out... They only last so long.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.