CM870 questions
12-17-2020, (Subject: CM870 questions ) 
RE: CM870 questions
(06-10-2020 )CandianJake Wrote:  I have a couple questions,

1: is CT the best option for viewing and sending ecm programming information?

Well, CandianJake sent me a copy of the program running in his truck engine (CM870) today. All I can unfortunately say is ...

Welcome to the bad delete club.

* Program is set to report only 565HP with 1850 torque but the reality is that it is set to 619HP and 1981 torque.

* Injection timing AT 619HP .. is set to 9+ BTDC and this is severely harmful for this engine at this power level. - A person would be doing good to allow that at 420hp/low torque, would be risky for even low HP,.. but for it to be 9+ at 619hp?--- I guess someone wants it to fret liners out of it every couple years and engine destroy itself? -- Clearly someone not knowing what they are doing there. Looks like someone took the already advanced+ factory emmissions injection timing mappings and added about 6+ more degrees to them.

* No proper engine mode control. This is harmful and causes unstable ecm conditions, unpredictable run modes and all sorts of ill-effects.

* Engine brake is set so that the turbo chokes the exhaust at a full 100%... This is so high and hard on the engine and valve train at higher RPM's that it is a wonder this thing has not dropped a valve in it yet. This is seriously abusive and dangerous.

* Aux. emissiions is still active, not shut off properly and trying to derate the engine and screw with it.

- Those are the main issues with it that I see when glancing at it. There are other mistakes in the program, it is clear that someone did not know much about what they were doing. This is definitely a bad delete that is going to severely shorten the life of that engine all while the truck owner not knowing this thing is trying to actually make nearly 620HP in a way that is going to be very harmful.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb

Messages In This Thread
CM870 questions - CandianJake - 06-10-2020,
RE: CM870 questions - Rawze - 06-10-2020,
RE: CM870 questions - Rawze - 12-17-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.