DPF filter took a dump
06-10-2020, (Subject: DPF filter took a dump ) 
RE: DPF filter took a dump
At 1.3 million miles on the engine, you should be concerned about a whole lot more than just that DPF.

* did anyone do the rod and main bearings when it had 800k or so miles on it?. if not, your driving a ticking time bomb at this point ready to send a piston thru the block with absolutely zero warning , just thought you should know.

* Driving with the magic-plug unplugged the engine has been in a 10% derate that whole time. You likely have driven it so long like that, you never noticed it.

* Do you have a boost gauge on it? Pyro? -- If so, you would have seen this derate on the boost gauge and pyro would have told you turbo was running a bit hot all the time.

* Stop using the liquid scam-a-thon cool-aide additive in your fuel. That stuff should be illegal actually. The placebo effect has you in its grip!.

--- You need to decide to axe it or fix it...

* Axing it requires re-programming of the ecm. For the CM871 ... This is nowhere nearly as difficult or expensive as one would think, as the proper programming and all software tools needed for this is on the internet for free. All a person needs is basic computer skills, their own datalink adapter (inline or nexiq adapter) and the capacitance to sit down and follow the guide.

* Fixing it -- would require replacing both the DOC and DPF at this point if they are more than 500k miles old. Also, if the engine is that old, most of that ash is likely from the thing burning a bit of oil. This means the only way to keep it happy would be a proper inframe on the engine too.

Either way, you have pushed that engine well past its prime and if those bearings were not done, you need to shut it down and inframe it even if you do decide to de-mandate it.

those are my own thoughts on it any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

Messages In This Thread
DPF filter took a dump - Hush - 06-10-2020,
RE: DPF filter took a dump - Rawze - 06-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.