DPF filter took a dump
06-10-2020, (Subject: DPF filter took a dump ) 
RE: DPF filter took a dump
(referring to only the CM871 here. Newer engines are not nearly this forgiving) ...
I have heard of a few guys who have gotten away with a few holes in one, but it has to be done just right or it will see the thing is too "open" and eventually shut you down. It is not the best solution, as you still get reflected heat in the exhaust, fuel mileage will suffer a bit, etc.. but I have seen it done a couple times.

As far as the 1.6 mil ... you did the bottom end, just keep a close eye on the detent clearances on the top end so you do not get a nasty surprise when a valve breaks because the head is completely worn out. DO the overhead valve adjustments every year so you can stay on top of the detent clearance measurement. Seen plenty of people loose their whole enigne over head wearing out and not tracking this.
Ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...08#pid1108
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...66#pid9466

The boost should be around 32 psi in the 10% derated condition. the boost levels you describe sound too low. Maybe pressurize the whole engine up with 30 psi air and find any air leaks including the CAC, EGR piping, etc. - A non-derated engine the boost should be in the 36-37 psi range at max engine load. CM871 with magic plug (egr temp sensor) unplugged, it will usually sit at around the 32 psi mark.

I also hope you have a bypass filter on that thing to keep the soot out of the oil.

I would not suggest you disconnect the IMAP sensor either. Engine uses it for proper fuel air mix and if it cannot see it, you are likely to have bigger problems and power losses. It is enough to unplug the egr temp sensor (magic plug) if your goal is to run it in its factory no-egr / protection engine mode.

Lastly, there is a 'soot counter' in the ecm, so even if you make it look like the dpf is completely free of soot, that counter will eventually count high enough and see the difference getting bigger and bigger from what it wants to see vs what is measured and it will eventually figure out what you did. Just thogut you should know... it is truly easier to re-program the ecm and rid yourself of the headache in the correct ways than to fiddle endlessly with it like you have been.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Pd6cas2

Messages In This Thread
DPF filter took a dump - Hush - 06-10-2020,
RE: DPF filter took a dump - Rawze - 06-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.