DPF filter took a dump
06-19-2020, (Subject: DPF filter took a dump ) 
RE: DPF filter took a dump
(06-18-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Bullet Proof EGR Cooler... Probably not the wisest decision. How long has that been on the motor? And 750,000 miles on the same DPF, you are lucky you have only lost two turbos...

The first turbo I lost because vgt section turned to coal, everything was oem stock back then, other than the bulletproof cooler, which northwest Cummins had no issue installing. They did try to convince me to go with a cummins updated cooler, but I didn't believe them. In hindsight I should have listened to them.

Second turbo was fine, the stupid shop I went to diagnose a chirping noise, told me that my turbo bearings were bad.

So they installed a cheap turbo from ebay or some such, this turbo lasted 9 months and quit. While the chirping noise never went away.

I went back to my usual shop and they found that the exhaust manifold gasket had a leak and was chirping.

In other words, I replaced a perfectly fine turbo with a Chinese knock off because the shop couldn't see the exhaust leak.

My usual shop replaced the gasket and installed a rema cummins turbo.

The turbo that the other shop installed had no stamp or parts number on it. The mechanic said he'd never seen it before.

The other shop never told me where they got it.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DPF filter took a dump - Hush - 06-10-2020,
RE: DPF filter took a dump - Hush - 06-19-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.