T660 emissions stop switch?
06-11-2020, (Subject: T660 emissions stop switch? ) 
T660 emissions stop switch?

I just bought this truck (2010 Kenworth T660 cm871 590,000 miles) I've been pulling it apart and getting it ready to be put in service. I noticed the pictured switch in the truck. I have an idea what it does but not positive. Owners manual didn't come with the truck. Im supposing its a toggle to turn off the regen cycle. I have reason to believe this switch has never been in the up/on position. I pulled the Intake manifold off yesterday and saw inside the head was really clean and had very little soot. Its the factory original head. Today I dropped the DPF to get it ready for a demandate and all I found inside of it was the metal pre screen (its getting torched out today) there is zero material inside the DPF filter. I believe there hasn't been any kind of ECM programming done. The file I pulled is just the updated file from the factory original AV10069.26 to the current file in it AV10228.05. I dont have an original Incal file to do a comparison but I don't believe its been altered. I'll know more once I get hooked up with Mommaburt to ensure things are taken care of properly.

My questions would be, what exactly does the switch do? What exactly does the engine do in response if this switch is ran in that position for 100's of thousands of miles? Is there any damage that may have happened by running it this way?

Also as an aside, I found the impeller from a turbo in the DPF canister. I know they replaced the turbo 80,000 miles ago (probably for the impeller shooting out of it) with a crap aftermarket turbo from New Jersey. Which I have the maintenance records that state that crap turbo was then warrantied again 3 months later. I have a YTS turbo coming to replace this Turbo Solutions garbage. I've been arm pit deep in cleaning burnt oil out of the intake piping and CAC from 2 failed turbos. There's nothing showing wrong with the aftermarket turbo but there is no way im taking a chance with it.

replyreply
RE: T660 emissions stop switch?
looks like you purchased a truck that was victimized by a bad delete?. You are likely to find it has bigger problems before it is over with?.

The Regen inhibit switch simply tells the ecm it is not safe to do a regen and "inhibits" it from dumping fuel into the DPF canister when it needs it. Its purpose is merely so the truck driver can tell the ecm they are parked in the grass or under a tree, and that it is not safe at that time. - Leave it off for very long and you get a clogged up dpf, followed by parked regen alarms, and the engine eventually shutting you down.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I used that switch a lot when I was hauling LPG gas, propane/butane. Disabling regen is a big thing in storage facilities and refineries.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(06-11-2020 )Meanwhile Wrote:  I used that switch a lot when I was hauling LPG gas, propane/butane. Disabling regen is a big thing in storage facilities and refineries.

Just idling the truck motor, had a few almost run away on me when I was hauling propane and butane in and out of the rail yard... Vapors in the air from poor fittings on other trailers while off loading... These DPF trucks are double dangerous.
replyreply
06-12-2020, (Subject: T660 emissions stop switch? ) 
Just got done working with Mommaburt on this truck. And the verdict is....... We surprisingly found the man himselfs very early release of MM. This explains the smooth running and clean intake. Someone over this way found your work and put it to use. I would take a stab that it may have been Gearheads shop but It wasn't perfect. It was definitely way better than the nightmares I read on here. Where it wasn't perfect was actually less of everything. Mommaburt said someone actually cut everything back. It was gutless. Which, if I'm gonna choose, im glad it wasn't all cranked up or some stupid ego stroking garbage.

I got lucky with this one. The guy I bought it off of told me it wasn't demandated. But I found the empty DPF and today I found the sneaky stainless blocking plate in the cooler. Also whoever did the programming did a fairly good job of covering their tracks. There was no record in Insite of the programming download. It was still tagged with everything identifying it from the original big fleet it came from and the upgraded original cal number. It even had some old inactive emissions related codes so without out knowing exactly what to look for with Insite or CT or actually cracking pipes apart the average person wouldn't have been able to tell it was ever altered.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , hookliftpete
(06-12-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Just got done working with Mommaburt on this truck. And the verdict is....... We surprisingly found the man himselfs very early release of MM. This explains the smooth running and clean intake. Someone over this way found your work and put it to use. I would take a stab that it may have been Gearheads shop but It wasn't perfect. It was definitely way better than the nightmares I read on here. Where it wasn't perfect was actually less of everything. Mommaburt said someone actually cut everything back. It was gutless. Which, if I'm gonna choose, im glad it wasn't all cranked up or some stupid ego stroking garbage.

Back in the day, the original MM was available openly to everyone... It was more than likely grabbed off of the old Rawze.com. That is where my first tune came from.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
I'm sure. It was all over all the file sharing sites 5-6 years ago. Thats how I originally got started looking in to this Rawze character. I'm sure glad he decided to release all those early documents. The explanations and wording in them spoke clearly to me that he had an understanding beyond the average chucklehead. Im certainly glad I decided to keep tracking him down.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Waterloo
(06-12-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I'm sure. It was all over all the file sharing sites 5-6 years ago. Thats how I originally got started looking in to this Rawze character. I'm sure glad he decided to release all those early documents. The explanations and wording in them spoke clearly to me that he had an understanding beyond the average chucklehead. Im certainly glad I decided to keep tracking him down.

I was up at the TA the other day, a driver was in there with a 2016 Cascadia, and we were talking... Told him about the fuel pump, etc... He had a warranty, never touched a wrench in his life... And has no plans on ever doing that... He was raped multiple times by the dealer, but he was cool with it, he did not have to get his hands dirty. To top it off, he was pushing coolant out of the jug... He has a warranty, he will let the dealer take care of it...

Same thing when I went to orientation, driver there, 2016 KW 660, 2350, 500,000 and change on the odometer... Told him about the fuel pump... He stated "Not his problem", as he has a warranty... Very flippant... Screw him, I did my part. It is a cult out here, The Cult of Warranty.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , marek4792 , Pd6cas2
(06-12-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...Cult of Warranty.

CoW === Moooo!

LOLZ!. :big_smile2:

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Chamberpains , marek4792 , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.