Update: New TIRES! Dayton D610D
06-12-2020, (Subject: Update: New TIRES! Dayton D610D ) 
RE: New TIRES!
I like those BFG tires, I have bought them before, GREAT tire and wore like iron.

Those DR454's were at the top of my list, but, a little out of my budget as I did not want to spend more than $3000 out the door, but I would have gave it a shot if they would have had a full set, which unfortunately they did not... Would be next week to get those, so I passed, wanted to get this over with.

In fact, they barely had anything in stock, and not much in the way of eight of anything that was SmartWay. These Dayton tires were pretty much it in my price range, I liked the tread, which made the purchase easier along with them matching the Dayton tires on my lift axle.

I even called my local tire shop that I normally use, and they were in the same boat in regards to tires unless I wanted to spend $5000 for a set of Michelins... Not in the cards, even if I had the money.

You will like those BFG's.
replyreply
Yeah I've got a Michelin/bfg national acct and xdn2s were 530 and bfgs were 430 I had spent enough last week so I went 430 as I also replaced egr tune-up sensors/ shocks/ TV mount/front curtains in new truck and shocks/1 s cam and brakes/ oil press sensor/ oil change and pm on the lonestar probably threw down 8-9 grand between both trucks

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(06-12-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Yeah I've got a Michelin/bfg national acct and xdn2s were 530 and bfgs were 430 I had spent enough last week so I went 430 as I also replaced egr tune-up sensors/ shocks/ TV mount/front curtains in new truck and shocks/1 s cam and brakes/ oil press sensor/ oil change and pm on the lonestar probably threw down 8-9 grand between both trucks

Easy to do, spending the money, it sure adds up quick... I was looking at my shocks... Getting time to replace those too... Your truck looks good. Both of them. ;-)
replyreply
06-15-2020, (Subject: Update: New TIRES! Dayton D610D ) 
Waterloo: Sounds like you got a nice gig lined up. I love it at Landstar, but if something like you have popped up that runs back and forth past my house, steady work, I'd probably jump on it.

As for the Landstar rates, don't get too caught up in the "average". All the outside broker/loadboard stuff is bringing down those numbers. The company's direct freight is much better. But Landstar is all about finding the right agents and developing good relationships. Once you do that you'll find all kinds of amazing loads that come to you and never get posted on the internal load board. I just hit 2 years here (today) and it's only in the last few months where I've made enough contacts to keep me busy in and around New England without having to go searching for scraps or running halfway across the country into unfamiliar markets.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(06-15-2020 )JimT Wrote:  Waterloo: Sounds like you got a nice gig lined up. I love it at Landstar, but if something like you have popped up that runs back and forth past my house, steady work, I'd probably jump on it.

As for the Landstar rates, don't get too caught up in the "average". All the outside broker/loadboard stuff is bringing down those numbers. The company's direct freight is much better. But Landstar is all about finding the right agents and developing good relationships. Once you do that you'll find all kinds of amazing loads that come to you and never get posted on the internal load board. I just hit 2 years here (today) and it's only in the last few months where I've made enough contacts to keep me busy in and around New England without having to go searching for scraps or running halfway across the country into unfamiliar markets.

Jim, I hear you there... I have run quite a bit of LandStar freight over the years. When I was speaking with the "recruiter" I told her the same, it takes time to build those relationships with the agents vs working the live board. She was a nice lady, but a bit clueless... I am hoping this run works out, $2000 net a week, every week, as long as the plant is running. LandStar is in the wings, just in case. I have no desire to go back OTR, with the expenses out here, the dead head miles, etc, as you stated, are what kills us.
replyreply
I'm on with Landstar, been here going on 1.5 years. I don't pull off the load board anymore. On dedicated with one agent and average around $2.20 a mile.
replyreply
(06-15-2020 )Nilao Wrote:  I'm on with Landstar, been here going on 1.5 years. I don't pull off the load board anymore. On dedicated with one agent and average around $2.20 a mile.

What type of equipment and lanes/area do you run? I've been pulling a 48 flat the entire time so my perspective is limited.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(06-15-2020 )JimT Wrote:  What type of equipment and lanes/area do you run? I've been pulling a 48 flat the entire time so my perspective is limited.
Running van in the east.
replyreply
Fucking oilfield!

Welcome back man, hope all is well!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.