Suspension dump switch
06-14-2020, (Subject: Suspension dump switch ) 
Suspension dump switch
2015 lonestar, suspension dump switch light just flashes. I replaced the solenoid didnt fix the issue. Yesterday I tested the circuit board with a continuity tester and it all lite up but one part of it so I replaced it. Damn thing still blinks and won't dump the suspension. You can feel the solenoid click now do i atleast know its getting power. Using diamond logic isn't telling me much. But in all fairness I'm not to good with diamond logic yet lol. Any one got any ideas or thoughts? Its starting to drive me nuts.
replyreply
06-14-2020, (Subject: Suspension dump switch ) 
RE: Suspension dump switch
The switch will flash for one of 2 reasons. Either there is a fault, which should throw a code in Diamond Logic, or a condition (interlock) to dump has not been met. Condition not met does not code.
Indicator Flashes Fast (Twice per second) - There is a problem in the switch or corresponding circuit.
Indicator Flashes Slow (Once per second) - This indicates that all the interlocks have not been met to operate the selected feature.

Key switch in Ignition position.
• Dump switch On.
• Vehicle speed less than or equal to 5 MPH (8 KM/H).
• Solenoids A and B have a good status.

When you are in DLB make sure you are in diagnosing mode. The program can be in editing or diagnosing. Look in the far upper right hand corner. Hope that helps. The DLB manuals are a little vague.
This link should take you to the tool site. The current DLB manual should be a free download.

https://navistarservice.snapon.com/Shopp...Number=DLB

This link takes you to the free public bodybuilder website. The circuit diagrams are there

http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/Home.Htm
The air solenoids under the cab apply and release air to a port on the leveling valve thru an air line between the solenoids and the valve. First thing to figure out is what the flashes are telling you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , Rawze , BIASRacing , schISM
07-05-2020, (Subject: Suspension dump switch ) 
Hit a good bump, all my switches are flashing tonight. Sucky part is that I have a theft deterrent system that requires you to punch in,
replyreply
I was having similar issues with that suspension dump switch, and then I started using it several times a day, it has miraculously healed itself and works perfectly. I find that with more than a few electronically controlled items on this truck of mine.
replyreply
Id look for shorts, thats what im doing today. From what ive read that stuff behind the dash is rather tightly bundled and its easy to get a ground to short
replyreply
There is an actuator under the cab, mounted at the frame rail, that could be the issue. There are several there, the dump, power divider and fifth wheel slide I believe. I figured mine was just a tad gummed up from lack of use and it worked itself free after using it several times a day.
replyreply
this may help...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-05-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  There is an actuator under the cab, mounted at the frame rail, that could be the issue. There are several there, the dump, power divider and fifth wheel slide I believe. I figured mine was just a tad gummed up from lack of use and it worked itself free after using it several times a day.

Think that could cause the flashing lights?
replyreply
(07-05-2020 )BIASRacing Wrote:  
(07-05-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  There is an actuator under the cab, mounted at the frame rail, that could be the issue. There are several there, the dump, power divider and fifth wheel slide I believe. I figured mine was just a tad gummed up from lack of use and it worked itself free after using it several times a day.

Think that could cause the flashing lights?

Mine flashed all the time, I would turn the switch off and then back on, wait around 15 seconds and then the air would release. Now, I hit the button and it only takes a second or two before the air releases like it should. I mean, that actuator is all I could think of, been through the wiring, etc... My truck has been sitting since last year and finally went into service, figured just gummed up.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.