This damn Prostar AC
06-17-2020, (Subject: This damn Prostar AC ) 
This damn Prostar AC
Installed a new compressor and drier after a thorough flush on the 15 model several weeks ago. Vacuum and recharge to discover the sleeper txv was bad and stuck closed. I lived with no sleeper ac for a cpl weeks until yesterday when i went to put a new one on only to discover the new one wont fit. So i tore apart the old one and cleaned it. Put it back together flow tested and reinstalled. Vacuumed recharged and man oh man it works. Until i park and go to flip on the idle free. NO power to the sleeper control. So i start the truck back up and well the sleeper ac is completely dead. No power to the control with engine on either. Now i hunt for a bad fuse. Any suggestions of which one? The 5a in the cargo box was good and the breakers in the cab fuse panel are good.
replyreply
RE: This damn Prostar AC
Check the fuses mounted on the no idle batteries they are the little squares on the + battery posts.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
Didn't work. Any other suggestions? I have 0v to the blower resistor and all 3 wires are grounded somewhere. There is a sleeper blower fuse in the dash but only a supply wire going to it and nothing on the other side. Only hvac fuse in the cargo box is a 5amp to something and it ohmed out as well and voltage checked out. Where the hell are the fuses for this silly thing? And why on earth would all 3 supply wires to the blower resistor act as a ground?
replyreply
06-18-2020, (Subject: This damn Prostar AC ) 
prostar diagrams...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid54399

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-22-2020, (Subject: This damn Prostar AC ) 
FOUND IT! Wire rubbed into where it goes thriu the sleeper floor. Hot side was not touching an longer but the load side of the break was grounded to the cab causing me to really scratch my head about why everything that shoulda been hot was acting as a ground. Got to wiggling the main harness and voila the fan comes on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , BIASRacing
06-23-2020, (Subject: This damn Prostar AC ) 
(06-22-2020 )smorgan87 Wrote:  FOUND IT! Wire rubbed into where it goes thriu the sleeper floor. Hot side was not touching an longer but the load side of the break was grounded to the cab causing me to really scratch my head about why everything that shoulda been hot was acting as a ground. Got to wiggling the main harness and voila the fan comes on.

maybe a pic of the location/area so that others can know where to look?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BIASRacing
Yes please, a photo.
replyreply
Excuse the mess of wires there, I untied em hunting the problem. Thats the sleeper hvac power wires goin up thru the sleeper floor under the bunk. In an idle free truck the entire sleeper hvac is powered from there. Time for a butt splice, copious amnts of electrical tape and new grommets.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , BIASRacing
Also should note. Theres a 3rd fuse block attached to the sleeper hvac unit. Mine was a galvanized cover has 2 relays and 3 or 4 fuses in it. Another fuse is inline in the apu battery box, it powers the control side of the switches/ relays.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BIASRacing

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.