Cm2250 oil pressure numbers???
07-17-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? ) 
RE: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers???
(07-17-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Can I start adding this on a 2011 cm2250 with 501,000 miles? Would it help it or only on freshly inframed motors?

Yes , yes and yes !!!
But don't expect miracles if your engine is been "struck" already and you don't know it yet .
replyreply
Can "sulfur" in a gear oil make any harm to the engine components?

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
(07-17-2016 )simon999 Wrote:  Can "sulfur" in a gear oil make any harm to the engine components?

From the current information none is been measured yet .
replyreply
I know sulphur is supposed to be detrimental to the catalyst in dpf's.
replyreply
(07-17-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  I know sulphur is supposed to be detrimental to the catalyst in dpf's.

Yes , and that's why the diesel fuel is 15 ppm sulfur. And engine consuming a gallon of normal engine oil , diluted with gear oil let say 11:1 . Do you really think this 1/11th of this gallon can harm anything?
Let's get real .
replyreply
(07-17-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  holy shi#t guys, anything below 20psi hot idle is scary.

it is not supposed to be that low.

Looks like I need to shim the pump. When hot, mine is just below 20 at idle. 35 or so when running at 1350 rpms. But I'm also due for an oil change. Going to get that done this week. I also need to "fix" the truck so I'm not looking at black oil all the time. My wallet and I cry a little every time "REGEN in progress" pops up on my instrument cluster. :too_sad: Just waiting for my garage project to be done at the house and the driveway to be free again.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
07-18-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 oil pressure numbers??? ) 
Unilevers suggested bearings and pump asap for anything under 20 psi.... Mechanic suggested the same. Tmrw it's going to the shop. 1,500 for oem parts and labor. I rather spend that then later on inframe. So far since January that I've had the truck I've done egr valve, nox sensor, cleaned dpf, overhead, 1 injector, switched over to 2 cylinder pump , and now this!! It's never ending. Oh and I currently have engine code 1911 too that needs to be figured out also.
replyreply
(07-18-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Unilevers suggested bearings and pump asap for anything under 20 psi

Crank bearings? Cam bearings? Or both?

And are you replacing the pump? Or just shimming it?

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
(07-18-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  
(07-18-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Unilevers suggested bearings and pump asap for anything under 20 psi

Crank bearings? Cam bearings? Or both?

And are you replacing the pump? Or just shimming it?

Assuming for a moment that there is not a stuck oil filter bypass valve, bad pressure sensor, etc. there are generally 4 main causes for lower than normal oil pressure in ISX engines.

* Worn crank bearings -- This is very common as engine ages and soot takes its toll on them.

* Soot packing oil filters -- Pressure will return and stay good for about 6,000 miles or so, then fall off and stay there until someone changes the oil filter. This is VERY VERY BAD for an engine and eats it up fast. The only solution to this is to FIX THE PROBLEM THAT IS MAKING TOO MUCH SOOT,.. and NOT to ignore it by replacing oil filters all the time, otherwise you are just fooling yourself.

* A weakened/worn out oil pump -- They will usually have a medium-pitched "hum" or "whine" at idle as well, that is as loud or louder than the engine but not always.

* Lots of bearing and cam follower bearing wear in the head. This is usually accompanied by work crank bearings and failing rollers/over head cams too though.

=======

The most common reason if the engine is not soot-packing the oil filters is the crank bearings. When they are the cause of low oil pressure, you are sitting on a time bomb. Worn out crank bearings will start to "jerk" the pistons as they reverse direction/go up and down, and it weakens the wrist pins. Once a wrist pin gets weakened, it is simply a matter of time before a piston goes through the side of the engine block and that is all she wrote. There is no warning, no "sound", no anything, but the fact that you have slightly lower then normal oil pressure. I have seen this more than a few times.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.