Tripac any info would be helpful
06-20-2020, (Subject: Tripac any info would be helpful ) 
Tripac any info would be helpful

The truck I just bought came with a Tripac system. I doesn't run and I'm trying to troubleshoot what all is wrong with it. I know nothing about these things. So any info would be helpful. Like what model am I dealing with. Where can I get technicians level diagnostic stuff (including software and interface if it has any)

This thing is said to still be functioning with some component failure. Im finding they disconnected a bunch of wiring and sensors but everything looks like its where it should be.

So far I've found the control panel in the bunk doesn't light up. The 2 amp fuse has a strange problem. With the fuse pulled out, I have 7v or so on 1 post. Once the fuse is put back in, I lose voltage to either side of these fuse. Im gonna assume its either a relay bad or the control panel is bad. But I have know idea. Im literally just figuring it all out piece by piece with the operators Manual.
replyreply
RE: Tripac any info would be helpful
Inside the Apu case is normally a one of those big maxi fuses on the incoming power cable that connects to it's alternator. Check that

Also near back of alternator is a stud that a bunch of grounds attach to for some sensors, fuel shut off, and fuel pump.

If you want send me your email in PM and I'll get you all the documentation I have for tripacs.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
If you need parts, I have used these guys in the past, the TK dealers are extremely proud of what they sell... Give these guys a look. https://www.thermobyproducts.com/TRI_PAC_s/101.htm
replyreply
You can upgrade the alternator on them with one from a Camaro. It's a 140 amp vs the 65ish that came from TK. Lots of info on it if you Google it.

I also upgraded my fuel pump when I did my glowplugs.

The thermobyproducts site is legit.

There is also a company out near Tampa that sells a/c parts for them, and can sell upgraded parts to increase cooling capacity, stainless housings, etc...I'll see if I can go find their info.

If I remember correctly, it costs about $1k to overhaul the little yanmar diesel engine in one, but I've never done it.

I generally use my Apu as a backup a/c or alternator, or if I'm stuck at a plant in the truck and I can't run the main engine, sometimes they'll allow me to run the Apu. Also been using it to try to keep hours off my 871...she's getting up there!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.