Need some guidance
01-22-2021, (Subject: Need some guidance ) 
RE: Need some guidance
I have 3 agm deep cycle batteries to power the hotel loads and truck accessories. The starter is fired off of a maxwell 31/1800 start module and boy does that thing kick it in the ass. 20 degrees out? Might as well be a mild summer morning as fast as it turns over.

I ran my 12 volt electric blanket as well as gaming laptop the other night. Woke up to 11.8 on the deep cycles according to my inverter display...the start module fired it up like no bodies business. I've been impressed with it as it's approaching 4 years old and the deep cycles are 3 years old.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Rawze , Waterloo , JimT
01-22-2021, (Subject: Need some guidance ) 
(01-22-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  I have 3 agm deep cycle batteries to power the hotel loads and truck accessories. The starter is fired off of a maxwell 31/1800 start module and boy does that thing kick it in the ass. 20 degrees out? Might as well be a mild summer morning as fast as it turns over.

I ran my 12 volt electric blanket as well as gaming laptop the other night. Woke up to 11.8 on the deep cycles according to my inverter display...the start module fired it up like no bodies business. I've been impressed with it as it's approaching 4 years old and the deep cycles are 3 years old.
I took Waterloo's advice and went to Batteries Plus and the knew Batteries and was very helpful. He said that they did like 90 some percent of what a deep cycle did but was also good for cranking. How did you isolate that cranking Battery from the rest as far as wiring? I do want to install a small solar panel just to keep them fresh when I'm off.
replyreply
01-23-2021, (Subject: Need some guidance ) 
It had two heavy battery cables to the starter from oem. I split them off at the starter and one runs from the start module starter post to the starter and the other I wired to the ecm input and alternator to recharge the 3 deep cycles.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
01-23-2021, (Subject: Need some guidance ) 
I don't know much about super capacitor technology but if what I read is right there a 15 year life expectancy out of it. Plus they say the colder it gets the more volts it puts out....I've never put a multimeter to it so I can't verify it.

./uploads/202101/post_1037_1611421478_b9c463d91cb7a0706583ccb7c0f024fd.png
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.