Chassis grease...
06-24-2020, (Subject: Chassis grease... ) 
RE: Chassis grease...
I'd never done it that way either until I read the paperwork when I replaced the driveshafts/u-joints.

On another note, I think I'll be switching over to the Redline grease....I'm noticing the grease I use now is breaking down in the joints. I'm not liking what I'm seeing come out when new is pumped in.
replyreply
I flush mine until I see fresh, clean grease come out of them.-- always have done it this way, never had an issue... but that is just me. Guess everyone is a bit different.lol -- Most important thing is never let things run dry or get crudded up with old dry grease. Grease does separate too if left in something too long (few years) without a flush.

Depends on the components and mfgr I think. I know some tie-rod makers say not to grease past the point of the soft protective boots swelling up... but most u-joints I have seen say to flush them until you see fresh clean grease flowing out from all 4 sides, otherwise something is wrong.

There are a couple manufacturers that say not to blow out rubber grease-boots, and some that say to always flush old grease.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
I have been using Royal Redmax grease. Swipped it from work. Kinda of hard to find it. There is a distributor here local to me.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
06-25-2020, (Subject: Chassis grease... ) 
I flush mine until grease starts to come out and I hear air purge, per Spicer.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
04-09-2023, (Subject: Chassis grease... ) 
(06-23-2020 )JMBT Wrote:  I use a green poly urea based grease, forumulated for marine applications. I use it because it is the only thing I have found that doesn’t seem to wash out in wet conditions. One time last year I ran FL to NM and was in the rain the entire time, no shi#t, the whole time. When I got under to grease after delivery there was still grease showing on my slack adjusters. I am not saying it’s the best thing ever, but it works well for me.

I second what Rawze said, don’t mix red, (lithium grease) with green (poly urea) it’s bad news.

What Brand?
replyreply
04-09-2023, (Subject: Chassis grease... ) 
(06-23-2020 )dhirocz Wrote:  That's the reason for my post. I'd rather find what works and stick with it.

The green seemed to work fine until it got hot, then it melted away. The red slung out of all my u joints rather quickly. Neither fills the bill.

I'll go ahead and check out that grease. I haven't changed the grease in my steering or wheel end components yet...hasn't been an issue there. Once I switch, I'll regrease weekly until I'm confident it's been switched.

There was also a lithium, gray moly and a polyurethane grease (which I know is sticky as all hell) that I was considering, but I passed due to other reasons.

What brand of Green and what brand of Red?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.