Chassis grease...
06-24-2020, (Subject: Chassis grease... ) 
RE: Chassis grease...
I'd never done it that way either until I read the paperwork when I replaced the driveshafts/u-joints.

On another note, I think I'll be switching over to the Redline grease....I'm noticing the grease I use now is breaking down in the joints. I'm not liking what I'm seeing come out when new is pumped in.
replyreply
I flush mine until I see fresh, clean grease come out of them.-- always have done it this way, never had an issue... but that is just me. Guess everyone is a bit different.lol -- Most important thing is never let things run dry or get crudded up with old dry grease. Grease does separate too if left in something too long (few years) without a flush.

Depends on the components and mfgr I think. I know some tie-rod makers say not to grease past the point of the soft protective boots swelling up... but most u-joints I have seen say to flush them until you see fresh clean grease flowing out from all 4 sides, otherwise something is wrong.

There are a couple manufacturers that say not to blow out rubber grease-boots, and some that say to always flush old grease.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I have been using Royal Redmax grease. Swipped it from work. Kinda of hard to find it. There is a distributor here local to me.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
06-25-2020, (Subject: Chassis grease... ) 
I flush mine until grease starts to come out and I hear air purge, per Spicer.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 850k, tanker yanker
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

Theme by MyBB Addict
Contact Us | Rawze.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication