Prostar and Volvo
06-26-2020, (Subject: Prostar and Volvo ) 
RE: Prostar and Volvo
Got another vote here on the cm871 powered prostar. Just be saving for the inframe as that its on the last qtr of its life. The 871's problem areas are the valvetrain and injector cam wear on engines that havent uhmm been africanized properly due to excess soot and roller width. Turbo. Vg rings can be funny but not funny haha so do a turbo inspection to include checking vg range of travel. I recommend doing a cylinder cutout test and cylinder performance test to see how those injectors are doing as that the cans and excess backpressure hide the symptoms.of a bad injector or timing/metering actuator. U just get crap mpg and until u run a buncha test or demandate it u don't know wtf causes it. The egr systems are prone to clogging up with soot because well thats what happens when ur engine eats its own crap, so again. Demandate or an egr tune up. Rawze actually has a prty in depth vidyo of a pre purchase inspection. Id siggest watchin it.
replyreply
06-27-2020, (Subject: Prostar and Volvo ) 
Where is this video?
replyreply
06-27-2020, (Subject: Prostar and Volvo ) 
I don’t see anything on the Volvo engine wise. Rear ratio and transmission is pretty huge factor.
replyreply
06-28-2020, (Subject: Prostar and Volvo ) 
(06-27-2020 )Magard Wrote:  I don’t see anything on the Volvo engine wise. Rear ratio and transmission is pretty huge factor.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
The Volvo truck above! Identical to the five or so for sale!
replyreply
That's a nice midroof Volvo, based on what I have learned on this forum, I give the Cummins my vote.
replyreply
This is a Cummins forum mostly.... If you go for the d13 get the taller gears. The engines are built for lower rpm than Cummins. The main problem with d13 is injector cups. Not a big deal but it’s a cost something like $4K-$5k. Most of them get a lot of miles (million plus) and never have the head off. Cummins in its stock form can not make this claim especially when geared taller than 3.55.
Cummins is the only viable platform for a demandate. If you are gonna run the demandate then either one. They both have similar sensors and all to deal with. Volvo might run a little cleaner and has better liner design and no high pressure pump to grenade. But there is a wealth of knowledge here to help keep it going. Look over on Facebook at the “Volvo Truck Masters” group. There is some solid guys on there also but not as deep into the computer and tuning as the knowledge here. Software to tune Volvo is none existent as far as I can tell.
replyreply
06-30-2020, (Subject: Prostar and Volvo ) 
Quick question guys
I’m also curious I have watched many videos and from two guys on YouTube that give out some very good information I will include their link on the YouTube they say some fleet trucks are very well-maintained because the fleet companies try to keep the trucks running and don’t want to deal with DOT. question is should you look at a lease some fleet trucks what are your thoughts on these?

https://www.blackandchromesales.com/inve...&bcatid=27
replyreply
06-30-2020, (Subject: Prostar and Volvo ) 
(06-30-2020 )GAguy912 Wrote:  Quick question guys
I’m also curious I have watched many videos and from two guys on YouTube that give out some very good information I will include their link on the YouTube they say some fleet trucks are very well-maintained because the fleet companies try to keep the trucks running and don’t want to deal with DOT. question is should you look at a lease some fleet trucks what are your thoughts on these?

that sounds like some social medai crap dream world garbage tome. here is your reality check...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...18#pid6718

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.