High exhaust back pressure
07-08-2020, (Subject: High exhaust back pressure ) 
RE: High exhaust back pressure
(06-27-2020 )DannyA Wrote:  
(06-26-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  pull the cans, take pics of the faces and post em here,... take em to a stealers$it and have em baked, de-ashed, and flow tested.

check the decomp tube while you are at it...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

use a boroscope and check the face of the SCR element to see if it is face-plugged too.

=========

while it is apart, pressurize the whole engine up to about 30 psi and check for leaks via block plates on intake and exhaust of turbo + air supplied in where the turbo inlet temp sensor goes. fix any leaks found.

after that, do a turbo inspection if u suspect ur new turbo.
https://youtu.be/ZUpKb5umv_0

Also verify you put the right turbo part# on your engine. Seen where stealers$it or other shops use wrong model turbo on engine assuming they are all same because they look same. They look same on outside but there are different turbo's w different turbines for different tier engines and it can greatly effect regen problems. Register an account on quickserv.cummins.com with your esn number and look up the right part#. Compare it to part# on turbo and invoice.
Hi Rawze,
I will take the cans out for cleaning sometime next week. I know it may sound dumb but what do you mean by pressurizing the whole engine? How I will do that?
Today anew code came on. Fault code 2973. Replaced the IMAP sensor 2 miles down the road the code came back on.
I fill like I will never be able to get this truck running. Thank you for help

Finally I got the filters down for a bake and clean. I attached pictures of the filters before cleaning. I have them back together and run a aftertreatment regeneration analysis and failed. Exhaust gas pressure to high. Exhaust gass gas pressure is around 160 during the regen, intake pressure 32 and turbo runs at 75k-77k.
It pass the filter flow test.
In NoX correction is around 165 and the out 175.
Any idea on what can cause this high exhaust pressure? Is possible to have a failed SCR and is blocking the exhaust? If the SCR is bad will not show up as some kind of NOX codes?
Anyone have an ideea?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: High exhaust back pressure - DannyA - 07-08-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.