WILL I BE THROWING MY MONEY AWAY?
06-26-2020, (Subject: WILL I BE THROWING MY MONEY AWAY? ) 
WILL I BE THROWING MY MONEY AWAY?
I am facing a dilemma. I own a 2013 587 Pete with a 2102 first generation series MX-13. The truck will not regen unless I force regen it with my OTR Reset Tool. The truck is in power loss but it's not horrible power loss but it gets horrible fuel mileage. I ordered tru balance centering sleeves, new Monroe magnum shocks air tabs, a fleet guard air filter, an oil purification system and cat's eyes to help increase the fuel mileage. The rig has had a new differential pressure sensor, dozer injector, turbo, fuel line and egr valve replaced in the last 8 months. The DPF and DOC have been baked and all sensors on them replaced in the last 4 months. My question is if I replace all sensors(IMAP, NOX, Diff Press Sensor, dozers etc...) and do not replace the DOC, DPF, SCR, decomposition tube will I be throwing my money away? Is it possible to just replace the decomposition tube (I have heard from mechanics that it gets packed with DEF crystals) along with all sensors and dozers, have the motor and charge air cooler checked for any leaks and replace anything causing pressure loss which would undoubtedly correct most of my fuel mileage problems. Do I have to replace those cans? The truck currently has 657,000 miles on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
replyreply
RE: WILL I BE THROWING MY MONEY AWAY?
My question is if I replace all sensors(IMAP, NOX, Diff Press Sensor, dozers etc...) and do not replace the DOC, DPF, SCR, decomposition tube will I be throwing my money away?

YES

Fix the emissions, until then, you are throwing good money away on these fuel saving devices.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
Copy.
replyreply
(06-26-2020 )BLOODSWEATTEARSMX13 Wrote:  Copy.

I know, it sucks.
replyreply
Why do you need to replace decomp tube? Even if full of crystalized def just clean it out and reuse.
replyreply
(06-26-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  Why do you need to replace decomp tube? Even if full of crystalized def just clean it out and reuse.
replyreply
Copy cleaning the decomposition tube and reusing it. I appreciate that tip. I am not sure mine is plugged right now. Just might pull it down tomorrow and have a look. I haven't seen it's condition yet but from what I have heard mechanics say it is common for the decomposition tube to get plugged with dried DEF crystals. The one mechanic told me that it was the main cause for a derate in many of the trucks he worked on. Just trying to find a way not to have to buy that DPF, DOC and SCR. Is there a legal alternative for the aftertreatment filters and SCR? I run a fuel additive catalyst that really helps with how the aftertreatment system runs and I change out the def fluid filter every third oil change but I need an emissions overhaul here but if I delete it my million mile warranty just got flushed. Are there any cheaper aftermarket or used cans that have any customer guarantees out there? I am actually considering getting into another rig because of this problem but I hate to lose the time, money and energy I have invested into this truck.
replyreply
06-27-2020, (Subject: WILL I BE THROWING MY MONEY AWAY? ) 
(06-26-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(06-26-2020 )BLOODSWEATTEARSMX13 Wrote:  Copy.

I know, it sucks.

Yes it does. I want a glider kit.
replyreply
06-27-2020, (Subject: WILL I BE THROWING MY MONEY AWAY? ) 
Most gliders Have to be rebuilt as the companies making them are using cheap shi#t China internals in the engine overhauls

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.