ISX safe tune?
07-05-2020, (Subject: ISX safe tune? ) 
ISX safe tune?
Hello, Im new here, Thanks Rawze for letting me join...

So, I have 2013 Pete with isx cummins, i had it mandaded for past 3 years now, and replaced 2 heads, one was faulty from cummins didnt last me a year, warranty covered that, got a replacement, was running great 170k after had to replace all the valves..

so im here to ask recommendation where I can get my a safe mandated tune, maybe dyno tune?

I get great MPG, 7+ loaded 8-9 empty.
replyreply
RE: ISX safe tune?
happens every week around here... bad delete around every corner for these ISX's....

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid54284

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid54182

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid55202

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid54046

... the list of butchering by repair shops is miles long around here ...

BTW: Yes they can be made to run correctly and reliably ... but you are not going to find anyone who can do it outside this forum. It is a plague in our industry that is beyond out of control.

* Get yourself a data-link adapter for a few hundred bucks and a laptop -- first priority.

Once you have a laptop and a data-link adapter, you get Insite software etc. going on it (all the sw can be had off the internet for free if u look in the right places). Once you are able to use it on your truck, then pull a copy of the program out of your ECM and e-mail it to me for a review...

Unfortunately you are not likely to enjoy what someone idiot has done to the insides of your ecm programming once it is reviewed.

Your road to recovery involves empowering yourself most of all. .. STOP RELYING ON IDIOTS WITH GOLDEN SCREWDRIVERS TO BUTCHER YOUR ENGINE INTO OBLIVION!!! -- otherwise you will just keep repeating your fate.

* With the ability to copy the file into and out of your ecm yourself by following a how-to guide on some basic level, the rest of what you seek is easy to come by (and is free). Stop wasting your money on bad decisions and false promises. Many of the truck owners on this forum started out exactly in situations like yours.. have gone on to fix their bad programming and butchered engines all themselves. it is not rocket science or some secret.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , SergeyB
(07-05-2020 )Highway50 Wrote:  Hello, Im new here, Thanks Rawze for letting me join...

So, I have 2013 Pete with isx cummins, i had it mandaded for past 3 years now, and replaced 2 heads, one was faulty from cummins didnt last me a year, warranty covered that, got a replacement, was running great 170k after had to replace all the valves..

so im here to ask recommendation where I can get my a safe mandated tune, maybe dyno tune?

I get great MPG, 7+ loaded 8-9 empty.

depending on who and how well or -- more likely poor.. the head replacement and other mechanical work was done, you may not be anywhere near out of the woods with that thing even if you do get the programming fixed. - Those ISX engines have to be build 100% the right ways or they do not last for s$it,... and it is getting harder and harder to find any shops willing to take all the extra steps to ensure it gets done right.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
07-06-2020, (Subject: ISX safe tune? ) 
Thanks for the input, I want to say that I do have a laptop and Cummins Inline 6, am i able to pull those numbers with this?
replyreply
07-06-2020, (Subject: ISX safe tune? ) 
(07-06-2020 )Highway50 Wrote:  Thanks for the input, I want to say that I do have a laptop and Cummins Inline 6, am i able to pull those numbers with this?

yup. You just need the right software. The Insite software will not do it ... however... Maybe you get lucky and someone will PM you with the info need to pull the file in and out of your ecm yourself. - I do not allow software trading on here.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
01-19-2021, (Subject: ISX safe tune? ) 
I'm in the same boat as this guy and need to bring my truck into a shop to have the tune done correctly. Can someone please PM I'm located in Dallas TX someone who is some what close or somewhere I can catch a load to.
replyreply
01-19-2021, (Subject: ISX safe tune? ) 
i sent you a pm
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-06-2021, (Subject: ISX safe tune? ) 
Looking for remote tuning for a cm2250
Any recommendations??

[/font]
replyreply
02-06-2021, (Subject: ISX safe tune? ) 
Pm running rough

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.