Wet exhaust manifold
07-05-2020, (Subject: Wet exhaust manifold ) 
Wet exhaust manifold
I’ve got a cm2250 @m*m^2 delete with 798k

I’ve noticed in the last couple days I’ve been smelling a slight burning smell (oily) that’s more noticeable when pulling grades

I’ve also noticed a little smoke from under the hood

Truck seemed to be a little down on power when I was on my way home fully loaded the last 10 miles or so Friday night

Yesterday on the 4th I went under the hood to check my cac and noticed my exhaust manifold is wet around cylinder 5

Also the egr cooler is wet around the rear coolant port (also oily) and there’s a puddle on the floor
Also oily

The hot side of the turbo doesn’t show any wetness just soot

recent work to the truck include

Reman turbo new manifold gaskets egr cooler seals etc

And a new cyl 6 injector I installed a week ago

The truck doesn’t have any noticeable smoke out the exhaust
except for right after I changed the injector it smoked until it was warm

And no crazy blowby our the oil cap

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Wet exhaust manifold
The oil seems like it’s coming from above as my egt probe seems to have oil on it

But nothing above looks wet
replyreply
Sounds like a bad head/valve... Getting close to in frame time with that mileage... How long has it been deleted? Carbon may have gotten it. Who did the delete, as there is no m#m$ for the 2250?
replyreply
Valve cover gasket? Oil coming out of the exhaust would show at the gaskets slip joints and post turbo and it wouldn't be a little bit either..
replyreply
(07-05-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Sounds like a bad head/valve... Getting close to in frame time with that mileage... How long has it been deleted? Carbon may have gotten it. Who did the delete, as there is no m#m$ for the 2250?

I ran 70k on a bad delete and the well known guys in Ga retuned it about 8k miles ago
replyreply
(07-05-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Valve cover gasket? Oil coming out of the exhaust would show at the gaskets slip joints and post turbo and it wouldn't be a little bit either..

I’m hoping it’s as simple as a valve cover gasket behinf the egr valve looks to be dry gonna inspect more
replyreply
720k mandated Carboned everything up 70k with a bad delete isn't healthy at all. Probly engine becoming uncarboned and going to start using oil

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Check the valve cover gasket and when you are in there run the overhead if that has not been done. Not going to hurt...
replyreply
(07-05-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Check the valve cover gasket and when you are in there run the overhead if that has not been done. Not going to hurt...

My dampener pulley is so rusty I can’t even make out the marks on it

Can I run an overhead without reading the dampener

I paid someone to do it a while ago but who knows if it was done right now that I think about it
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.