Safeguard your passwords
07-05-2020, (Subject: Safeguard your passwords ) 
Safeguard your passwords
Came across this article today about Google's password services. Just goes to show that nothing is perfect and you need to be mindful of security online.

https://www.infoq.com/news/2020/07/googl...-2fa-woes/

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
07-06-2020, (Subject: Safeguard your passwords ) 
RE: Safeguard your passwords
(07-05-2020 )JimT Wrote:  Came across this article today about Google's password services. Just goes to show that nothing is perfect and you need to be mindful of security online.

https://www.infoq.com/news/2020/07/googl...-2fa-woes/

that is why I do not use password services.

For myself... Every single password on every single place i visit is completely different, and most of the passwords i use are more than 30+ chars long, containing numbers, symbols, caps and lowers, and all sorts of garbled combinations. ... and I DO NOT EVEN KNOW THE PASSWORDS MYSELF actually. lol

yes, this can be achieved -- without even knowing what you typed in.

pick a key or keys associated with the name of the place you need the password for and draw a big picture on the keyboard + and draw it again with the shift key held down. (or mauby start with shift held down, or maybe shift every other letter, or some other weird but known combination).. and the only thing u need to know --- is the picture you are going to draw onto the keyboard.

- come up with 3 or so different pictures you use, maybe a fourth for more secure sites, and that is all you need to remember. -- This is similar to the the power of entropy... Something organized and understood, scattered into something obscure and irreversible unless previously known.

even if someone watches you type in a password or gets lucky enough to see the pw to a single site, etc.. it does them no good for any place else you may visit. -- thus when someone -- anyone -- types in a login password on my forum into the main Rawze or the hidden admin account, not only do they get banned instantly (just a warning not to try it) because they are not on the LAN .. but My protection bot also records and reports what was typed in so that I can see see what pw they tried and what site online that may have gotten compromised if it was a valid pw (picture) that I had used somewhere.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.