New 300 AMP Alternator $$$
07-08-2020, (Subject: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$ ) 
RE: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$
(07-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...if I do anything else in the cab, thinking about a hot tub... ;-)

damn, how big is your sleeper?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(07-08-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(07-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...if I do anything else in the cab, thinking about a hot tub... ;-)

damn, how big is your sleeper?

Well, I was thinking about knocking out the back wall... ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , snailexpress
(07-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Well, I was thinking about knocking out the back wall... ;-)

Make sure you can still put that potted palm tree on the catwalk!

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress
A potted palm, call it a water feature! Now that is an idea, I need to call my architect...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
07-09-2020, (Subject: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$ ) 
(07-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  A potted palm, call it a water feature! Now that is an idea, I need to call my architect...

that way you can claim your truck is 'green' friendly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress
07-10-2020, (Subject: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$ ) 
(07-08-2020 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  
(07-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Well, I was thinking about knocking out the back wall... ;-)

Make sure you can still put that potted palm tree on the catwalk!

Turn the catwalk into a nice deck. Next question is pressure treated wood or composite decking? Could do a stone patio, but that might be a little heavy.

Hmmm, gas grill or charcoal? folding umbrella? oh wait, you got a palm tree, umbrella would be unnecessary.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I left the house around 0700 this morning to go visit my truck, in her new parking spot... I bought a can of Tung Oil and applied it to her new counter tops and cutting boards, the drawer too... Going to go back over tomorrow morning and apply a second coat, man it looked good, really made me and the Birch pop! ;-)

Here is one of the counters... No Tung Oil, raw...

./uploads/202007/post_218_1594405304_d828457f0dfe8adc03a9e4aed2b15a94.jpeg

I bought two of these Birch Butcher Block counter tops, https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hardwood-Ref.../300688696
Broke out the circular saws and went to work. I love these slabs, same ones I used for my stereo stand...

./uploads/202007/post_218_1594404840_8336b8df07de4254e889863600eabde5.jpg

I will post photos of the counters tomorrow... I have a buddy of mine that saw them, he wants me to build a set for his truck... ;-)

Unemployment brings out my creative juices...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
So is that a steam punk motif you have going or just an industrial design (the black pipe, valves, pressure gauges)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(07-10-2020 )JimT Wrote:  So is that a steam punk motif you have going or just an industrial design (the black pipe, valves, pressure gauges)

Yep, always liked the steam punk, industrial look, it is different, and unique, MANLY, but still kind of classy in an old school kind of way. I like old school... But trying to find an entertainment, or stand for a stereo system is darn near impossible now a days. Everything is Target or Best Buy, tempered glass, press board and plastic. Or, those boring cabinets our 25" TV's of my youth were wrapped in, with the record player and tuner...

Honestly, I would rather be building stuff like this than driving a truck... Send me the dimensions and cut me loose... Problem is, I only have a driveway to work in. Got the tools...

The pipes, pipe nipple and floor flanges, you can do some really cool stuff with that. My entire truck interior is pipe nipple, even under my dash, mainly my coffee cup holder and little junk bin, 1/2" pipe nipple, and it works and is beyond functional.

A cabinet saw, planer and joiner, along with a good paint booth, I can rock someones world...

Listening to some tunes right now... WAR, Low Rider... Those subs are a thumping... Low Rider don't use no gas now... ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.