Ac only blows cold when 95 degrees or below??
07-10-2020, (Subject: Ac only blows cold when 95 degrees or below?? ) 
RE: Ac only blows cold when 95 degrees or below??
How often do AC systems need to be recharged? I've had my truck for 2 years now, but I barely run the AC. Usually only use the AC when the outside temp goes over 85-90 F or maybe the last half our before I park the truck for the night to chill the bunk. Then all I usually need is my little fan and I'm good for the night.

Anyway, my AC is still cold, but not as frigid as some ppl make theirs out to be. Since I don't run it unless it's very hot out it's hard to tell if it's normal or in need of a recharge. I quit smoking in 2014, but prior to I developed the habit of always driving with the windows open cus I hated breathing all the second hand smoke.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
07-10-2020, (Subject: Ac only blows cold when 95 degrees or below?? ) 
Crack the vent window in my ProStar, the AC is useless... Shut off the heater core, close the window vent and turn on the fans... IceBOX!

The AC is a yearly event, something is always breaking, never fails, but when it works, it works. The quality is next to zero, piece of crap, I would like to put a few 12ga slugs into the clown that engineered the system, and he would be getting off lightly. Just saying.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
07-11-2020, (Subject: Ac only blows cold when 95 degrees or below?? ) 
My '98 Tacoma has R134 in it....

I got the truck in 2000...

I have yet to service the A/C in it...

It still works fine.

Had a guy tell me that R134 goes bad about once a year. <- I want to know what cool-aide he was drinking.. better yet,.. I want no part of that kind of ill-fated logic.

Like Waterloo said .. the truck A/C systems are garbage .. but at least mine works on my prostar without question as long as it has some r134 in it because I got it away from that damn horrible programmed cab controller and made my own control system for it .... I made my own motor speed controllers, I got tired of the ones it came with failing ... I removed all the servos for the blend doors and put em all on lawn-mower throttle cables. -- looks like crap now, but it does not ask any questions or complains any more ... it just works.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT , PuroCumminsPower
07-11-2020, (Subject: Ac only blows cold when 95 degrees or below?? ) 
If you watch south main auto he says for some newer AC systems that run in northern climates they tend to loose 1-2oz from the system per year. Probably due to the expansion/contraction caused by extreme temperature changes.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT , Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.