Insite
07-12-2020, (Subject: Insite ) 
Insite
Hello,I have just gotten set up to use in line on my truck.laptop with nexiq link.computer has all required programs installed and I'm ready to hook up.trouble is,I don't know much about computers or Windows 7 or any of that stuff ,so I guess what I'm after is what to do next.I only have used my bluepoint code reader to date no codes coming up currently on that.only problem currently is low boost with my new turbocharger max is about 25 whereas my old one would make about 38 which from what I've read here is proper for the 870/8518.I'm a little nervous about hooking the in-line up and screwing something up by not being computer savvy.what to do next?
replyreply
RE: Insite
(07-12-2020 )Log lugger Wrote:  Hello,I have just gotten set up to use in line on my truck.laptop with nexiq link.computer has all required programs installed and I'm ready to hook up.trouble is,I don't know much about computers or Windows 7 or any of that stuff ,so I guess what I'm after is what to do next.I only have used my bluepoint code reader to date no codes coming up currently on that.only problem currently is low boost with my new turbocharger max is about 25 whereas my old one would make about 38 which from what I've read here is proper for the 870/8518.I'm a little nervous about hooking the in-line up and screwing something up by not being computer savvy.what to do next?

very little you can screw up with inline adapter and insite without trying really really hard. I'm no turbo guru though, so I can't help with that.

If you have everything hooked up and installed correctly then it's just a matter of connecting to the ECM. Once connected take a little time to get familir with the different menus, tabs and options. Some menu items (such as clearing fault codes) can be accessed by right clicking on on the codes.

Data Monitor will probably be the most helpful in your case.

Have you watched Rawze's video about setting up Insite?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
I guess I missed that video should be helpful thanks.if I keep having turbo issues I'll probably just change to a fixed vane and demandate via the remote tuning that people do around here just looking for reliability and not having to mess with it all the time.everything I read in here says they're just a big p.i.t.a. all the time between controllers and actuators and air supply and wiring.type of work i do,you'll never see over 4 mpg anyhow
replyreply
You didn't read that info on turbos from here. Rawze and almost everyone on here will scream that you should keep the VG Turbo. Its the most fuel efficient money making piece of equipment on your whoe damn truck. A demandate isn't a bad idea. But that turbo must stay on if you want to make money. Plus, why would you want to sacrifice the incredible jake brake the cummins ISX has? Fixed vein equals less money and more brake parts replacing.
replyreply
Agreed,I really like the Jake and your right about rawze I've read many posts on here on the 870 many from you in fact.but that thing is giving me fits lately.ive tried to do everything the right way from posts here but to no avail.
replyreply
I will send you a PM, but what I am sending may not work on a Chinese NexIQ reader...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
I do have the original nexiq 2
replyreply
870, you need to PM Unilever and or Mommaburt. Or, take the truck to Gearhead in MD or Mr Hagg in GA... Only folks I would trust.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(07-12-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  870, you need to PM Unilever and or Mommaburt. Or, take the truck to Mr Hagg in GA... Only folks I would trust.

{info removed}

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.