SPN-3490 Aftertreatment purge air actuator
07-12-2020, (Subject: SPN-3490 Aftertreatment purge air actuator ) 
RE: SPN-3490 Aftertreatment purge air actuator
(07-12-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  
(07-12-2020 )Godsplan15 Wrote:  [quote='JimT' pid='55636' dateline='1594569066']

It’s 2015 Kenworth T680 10speed auto

Not an X15, its a cm2350. Do you have cummins insite and an inline adapter?

You are correct and no I don’t have insite or an adapter.
replyreply
(07-12-2020 )Godsplan15 Wrote:  
(07-12-2020 )JimT Wrote:  Oh, and if I remember correctly this code will not go away/turn off the MIL unless you clear it directly. It may have only triggered briefly and gone inactive but will continue to display until manually cleared. That's what was happening with my truck.

You are correct. I replaced the purge valve mounted on the side of the engine and had the light cleared with a scan tool. 1 week later it’s back on. Smh

Try clearing the code again and see if it comes back (usually triggers near the end of an active or parked regen cycle when it goes to clear the fuel out of the supply line feeding the Doser Injector). It's possible something during your filter change caused it. Regen's are supposed to be disabled while the code is active. For all the times I had this code pop up, it was never active long enough to interfere with my truck performing a regen.

I will say, that the appearance of this code was the first in the downward spiral of my own aftertreatment system. Might have just been a coincidence, but who knows. I spent a year having shops try to troubleshoot it before I found this site, got a laptop setup with insite and started to take charge. At that point the problems were mounting and my $$ was running thin. There were numerous times were I thought I fixed the problem only for it to randomly pop back up a month later.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
If you have a Davco filter, check and to see if you did not pinch one of the o-rings. Just a thought... ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Godsplan15
Is it possible that the issue could be because of a air fryer filter needing to be replaced? Just an idea
replyreply
Air fryer filter? https://www.emerilairfryer360.com

Do these have filters? Always wanted one... Chef Emeril is a GOD in air fryer cooking... ;-)

And I know, Air DRYER CARTRIDGE/FILTER... Could be, these trucks and their canbus systems are off the carts. I had a bad compass module, N, S, E and West, that never worked, but is hooked into my ABS and Exhaust brake throw me for a loop in my ProStar... Anything is possible.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(07-12-2020 )Godsplan15 Wrote:  Is it possible that the issue could be because of a air fryer filter needing to be replaced? Just an idea

Good question. Probably not, but you should replace that filter once or twice a year depending on ambient conditions and how well you maintain dryness in your air tanks. I do mine every 6 months, in fact that reminds me I'm coming due some time in the next month!

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I have one of these. https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/...4_EALw_wcB There's no filter and its a bit large. But I can make some serious grub anywhere on the road.

As far as air dryer cartridges, I replace mine just before winter every year.
replyreply
(07-12-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I have one of these. https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/...4_EALw_wcB There's no filter and its a bit large. But I can make some serious grub anywhere on the road.

As far as air dryer cartridges, I replace mine just before winter every year.

Do you use that cooking unit in the truck? and if so, how big is your inverter? I really want to install one, and I can now after ripping out the interior, just have not found one that I can use on an 1800 watt inverter...

replyreply
I currently run mine off my 3000 watt Honda generator. But now I'm gonna have to do a serious upgrade of inverters for my new truck. I don't want to bring the generator on the new truck.... damn you Loo, there goes even more money and time in running heavy cable, fuses and probably a 3500 watt sine wave inverter.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.