SPN-3490 Aftertreatment purge air actuator
07-12-2020, (Subject: SPN-3490 Aftertreatment purge air actuator ) 
RE: SPN-3490 Aftertreatment purge air actuator
(07-12-2020 )Godsplan15 Wrote:  
(07-12-2020 )JimT Wrote:  Oh, and if I remember correctly this code will not go away/turn off the MIL unless you clear it directly. It may have only triggered briefly and gone inactive but will continue to display until manually cleared. That's what was happening with my truck.

You are correct. I replaced the purge valve mounted on the side of the engine and had the light cleared with a scan tool. 1 week later it’s back on. Smh

Try clearing the code again and see if it comes back (usually triggers near the end of an active or parked regen cycle when it goes to clear the fuel out of the supply line feeding the Doser Injector). It's possible something during your filter change caused it. Regen's are supposed to be disabled while the code is active. For all the times I had this code pop up, it was never active long enough to interfere with my truck performing a regen.

I will say, that the appearance of this code was the first in the downward spiral of my own aftertreatment system. Might have just been a coincidence, but who knows. I spent a year having shops try to troubleshoot it before I found this site, got a laptop setup with insite and started to take charge. At that point the problems were mounting and my $$ was running thin. There were numerous times were I thought I fixed the problem only for it to randomly pop back up a month later.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SPN-3490 Aftertreatment purge air actuator - JimT - 07-12-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.