Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
07-12-2020, (Subject: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions ) 
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
Oil change, big filter wrench is required... I have done the math on this, it is cheaper to go to TA or Speedco, it is not a pretty process... I will never attempt that again. Just not worth it.

I own a grease gun, and that is as far as I will go personally on a PM.

Filters, pre fill, I did, and it was messy.

Oil pan, one time use, and they are not cheap.

Pan is down, not much to look for other than metal, unless you want to remove the bearings and inspect the crank. If you have no reason to pull the pan, like low oil pressure, I would not. But, if you are a glutton for punishment, have at it.

The diff sensors, at the bottom of the pig, about three or four inches from the actual bottom. No clue on gauges, any that are of quality should work. I have GlowShift, replaced a few, not impressed. The best gauges I have owned ar VDO. For what it is worth.

Front springs, if they are deformed, replace. If the bushings are good, why replace? I would leave it alone until it is time, unless you have one million miles or more, then just do the entire front end, king pins, bushings, etc. I plan to do exactly that as a PM, just need to make some money.

Shocks, two years, replace, I use Monroe, they are fine, come with bushings. I buy mine at FleetPride, cheaper than Amazon or any internet retailer.

Oil pressure sensor, pull fuel filter and replace. I believe it is 27 ftlbs of torque on the bolt. Also replace the crank and cam sensor while you are at it. Inspect the Jake brake harness for leaks too. If it is showing signs of weeping, use RTV to seal it up, this will require popping the top... Easy fix, and it works.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions - Waterloo - 07-12-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.